Weather Week of Oct 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Windguru.com is my guess for Christi's post and weatherunderground.com is pretty good too.
I am hoping Thursday afternoon it dies down a bit so the ferry ride isn't a rough one for us.

Yes - I use wind guru and also weather buoy for the wind forecasts.

Today and tomorrow not good. Friday looking ok - but Saturday morning very iffy. Sunday and Monday look like blow-outs - Tuesday morning should be back to normal. Again - anything could happen and this could change, but this is the forecast as of 10:30am CST, 10/25/17 (*these wind speeds are in MPH) What we have here are a couple of back to back "nortes" - at least it's not snowing!

upload_2017-10-25_10-34-57.png

I sure hope this changes some how. Pretty early for Nortes isn't it?

Please use up all the Norte's before next March
:eek: Finalized my plans yesterday - had to change travel dates due to significant increases in air fare :mad: Can't believe air fare almost doubled from when I started looking a month ago. :cry: The money I saved changing travel dates is better spent on some extra time at the resort. :wink:

Divegoose

Yes - very early - don't remember an October norte in many years!

Did the port open up this morning?

Yes - on schedule - but today is only a short reprieve by the looks of the forecast

Headed down tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday look pretty grim (wind wise) but I have hopes for Monday and as far out as Wind Guru shows. If not there is always cold beer at Rasta's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom