Weather Week of Oct 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning in Dallas the North wind was blowing pretty hard and it was in the lower 40's.
I out ran it today flying down here. I guess I will see it again in the morning

Diving yesterday was great. Christi suggested to switch from Saturday to Friday and by the looks this morning I am glad we did. It is quite breezy and cool this am on the north end.
140 minutes underwater for 2 dives was a great first day and a good first day back in the water after an 18 month layoff.

I just went to one of the webcams (video and sound) and the wind noise was very loud. The only boat I saw moving was one of the big ferries.

Got out early and got one dive in but had to cancel second one due to port closing. Conditions were great once you got down about 3'.

I watched a fishing panga on the north end heading up at 8, needless to say it looked miserable.

The winds appear to drop a little tomorrow but unfortunately from the same direction. There is always Rasta's, hope Monday is better.

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-28_9-44-5.png
    upload_2017-10-28_9-44-5.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 94
Waves are making it into the pool occasionally this morning. East side day.

So far Wind guru has been pretty much spot on accurate for this weather event. As best as I know this has not been a typical El Norte event, 4 closures out in 5 days is abnormal. The wind forcast has it swinging back to an easterly direction in the morning which should open the port.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom