Wedding in Curacao and Diver Operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marisa-t

Registered
Reaction score
Wanting to know if anyone has got married in Curacao?

Also which dive operator/resort do you prefer? Habitat, Lion's Dive or any other's you liked and WHY?

If anyone has some great pics form the water or land I'd love to see them.

I would also like it if anyone could share their Curacao experience with me!

Thank You,

Marisa-T

"Live it while you can"

marisa-t,
My wife and I spent two weeks in Curacao this past fall. One week at Breezes, an all-inclusive that we got as a trade for some timeshare time and one week at the Hilton. We enjoyed the Hilton and Seascape Divers, their operator very much. There are some photos at my website. If you have any questions, fire away.
TEdJ

TedJ:
marisa-t,
My wife and I spent two weeks in Curacao this past fall. One week at Breezes, an all-inclusive that we got as a trade for some timeshare time and one week at the Hilton. We enjoyed the Hilton and Seascape Divers, their operator very much. There are some photos at my website. If you have any questions, fire away.
TEdJ

Your pics are great! August is so far AWAY! Thank you for sharing the pictures I really liked them! I had a question to ask and that is what dives on that island are a must? Also I have not done a night dive yet, I was just certified June of 2002, first dive was Grand Caymans, 2003 Was Maui, and still till this day I can't get the guts to do it! During the day I never want to come up out of the water, but when night falls it's been a different story! I really want to see some night life ( i.e. Lobster, octopus, etc..) If I can get the guts to do it while in Curacao, where is the best place (for sissys to start out)? Or any other input you may have.

Thank You,

marisa-t,
The signature dives on Curacao include: Mushroom Forest, the wreck of the Superior Producer, the Tugboat. But I found al the dives to be nice. Many similarities to Bonaire but yet different. A bit more open and somewhat wilder. Lots and lots of fish. Huge schools in fact. I'm just about to put up a trip report (better late than never), but i'm not sure yet where I'm going to put it. I'll let you know.
BTW, the Hilton was very nice and Breezes was nice but we're just not all-inclusinve types of people. Fortunately we had a suite with kitchenette that was a timeshare trade.

As to night diving, I only did one while at Curacao and it was most enjoyable. The photos of the orange cup corals were from that dive. There are lots of different things that come out at night. Weeeeee!! Go for a night dive when you are comfortable with the idea.

Where are you planning on staying?

Also go to the Seascape website as well as www.shorediving.com and you can see lots of good stuff.
TedJ

TedJ:
marisa-t,
I'm just about to put up a trip report (better late than never), but i'm not sure yet where I'm going to put it. I'll let you know.

Where are you planning on staying?

WE really haven't decided on where to stay, I know that we have been looking at Habitat and a few others, but so far that's about it. We want something laid back, fun, clean, and by the water. Since we will be getting married there our parents will be there for a bit and we are still trying to find the best thing for those days. Both my parents are certified and I definetly want to dive with them, but I don't want to spend every moment with all of them either. WE'd like something that wouldn't hold us to our hotel but has great offers for diving etc... IF there is any one that can give me a place that you think diving honeymooners would enjoy please tell me.

Ted, you have been a great help and I can't wait to read you trip report, I look forward to it.

BTW- is there anything to watch out for ~ ( unsafe wise, etc..) ?

Thanks,

Marisa

"Live it while you can"

marisa-t,
Here are some photos I took at Habitat while we were driving around one day. It's pretty far out of town but seemed clean and is now in a gated community so its quite safe. We didn't have any problems in Curacao, either at Breezes, which is kind of in town or the Hilton which is on the outskirts.

You will definitely need a car no matter where you stay unless you intend to stay on site all the time, which I don't suggest as there are lots of good restaurants on Curacao and lots to explore.

A must do restaurant is the blues Club. Right downtown as part of an older but lovely resort ( I don't remember the name right now) and sitting right out over the water with a view up and down the coast. Very romantic.

More later.
TedJ

PC-P8240031.jpg

PC-P8240032.jpg

PC-P8240033.jpg

TedJ:
marisa-t,
Here are some photos I took at Habitat while we were driving around one day. It's pretty far out of town but seemed clean and is now in a gated community so its quite safe. We didn't have any problems in Curacao, either at Breezes, which is kind of in town or the Hilton which is on the outskirts.

You will definitely need a car no matter where you stay unless you intend to stay on site all the time, which I don't suggest as there are lots of good restaurants on Curacao and lots to explore.

A must do restaurant is the blues Club. Right downtown as part of an older but lovely resort ( I don't remember the name right now) and sitting right out over the water with a view up and down the coast. Very romantic.

More later.
TedJ

PC-P8240031.jpg

PC-P8240032.jpg

PC-P8240033.jpg

Edit:
For some reason the photos I wanted to post will not show up in a reply here, but they do in other places of the board. I wil contact tech support folks. But I will start a new thread with the photos.
TedJ

Edit: The IMG code is set to OFF for this forum so that you cannot post images in your threads. Hope yo enjoy the ones above.
TEdJ

Back
Top Bottom