Weekly equipment rentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Horror!

I left my regulator set up at home :(

My BC has a Scubapro Air2 and I am trying to find a QD and hose for it. Studio Blue or Scuba Wholesale (Jimmy) didn't have one. I am hoping that Scuba Club Cozumel dive store will have one but I will have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to find out. If I can get a hose and QD I could rent a regulator set up from someone. Does anyone know where I could rent a regulator set up for the week that would let me use it for various shore dives?

And, I have an Atomic Aquatics Cobalt computer and need a QD for it as well. I cannot seem to find an Atomics dealer on the island either. I do not know why Atomic will not make any of the shops here a dealer or retailer... seems odd to me. It is not like this is a limited market! Anyone know of a o place on the island that may have the Atomic QD?

Thanks.....

Chris

Horror!

I left my regulator set up at home :(

My BC has a Scubapro Air2 and I am trying to find a QD and hose for it. Studio Blue or Scuba Wholesale (Jimmy) didn't have one. I am hoping that Scuba Club Cozumel dive store will have one but I will have to wait until tomorrow (Monday) to find out. If I can get a hose and QD I could rent a regulator set up from someone. Does anyone know where I could rent a regulator set up for the week that would let me use it for various shore dives?

And, I have an Atomic Aquatics Cobalt computer and need a QD for it as well. I cannot seem to find an Atomics dealer on the island either. I do not know why Atomic will not make any of the shops here a dealer or retailer... seems odd to me. It is not like this is a limited market! Anyone know of a o place on the island that may have the Atomic QD?

Thanks.....

Chris

Have you checked right across the channel in PDC for an Atomic dealer?

TE=ibj40;6924652]Have you checked right across the channel in PDC for an Atomic dealer?[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea. I can get on the phone tomorrow and call around. The Atomic website shows three dealers on Cozumel bug at least one of tthem, Dive House, says they are not a dealer.

Relax, rent a full gear package and schedule another trip. You will pay more for the QD hoses than renting some gear.

You might have your dive shop give Javier a call at Cozumel Scuba Repair. He is not listed as a Atomic dealer but his shop seems to be the best equiped on the island. Even if he didn't have it, if some else had it he would direct you to it.
He is not down town, the shop is on calle 1 up between 85th and 90th av. Lately I have been storing my dive bag at Tres Pelicanos and if I hadn't brought my regulators home last week ( I am changing the hoses to braided) I could have loaned you an inflator hose as I am pretty sure my Octo + uses the same oddball Apex fitting.
I am pretty sure that if you use a standard HP spool on the cobalt's input fitting, a standard HP swivel hose would work in a pinch (yesterday I stripped the QD off a Wisdom and converted it to a non QD on a swivel)

yup. Your next stop should be Javier. Great guy. Extremely capable. He'll figure it out.

Relax, rent a full gear package and schedule another trip. You will pay more for the QD hoses than renting some gear.

True, very true.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 12:08 AM ----------

I thought he was the guy that had the shop on 10th or 15th but I think that is Hernan. I have been to Javier's shop before but I am not sure I can find it again... it has been a couple of years. I have a DM friend that can show me where his shop is.. Thanks for all of the recommendations. I really hate renting gear but if it is what I have to do to to dive, it is better than not diving! :)

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 12:10 AM ----------

He is not down town, the shop is on calle 1 up between 85th and 90th av.

I should be able to find that tomorrow....

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 12:12 AM ----------

You might have your dive shop give Javier a call at Cozumel Scuba Repair. He is not listed as a Atomic dealer but his shop seems to be the best equiped on the island. Even if he didn't have it, if some else had it he would direct you to it.
He is not down town, the shop is on calle 1 up between 85th and 90th av. Lately I have been storing my dive bag at Tres Pelicanos and if I hadn't brought my regulators home last week ( I am changing the hoses to braided) I could have loaned you an inflator hose

Very generous of you... That reminds me to go by anyway and say hello to Karly! Thanks for the reminder!

Chris

I just shipped a brand new Atomic Cobalt with an extra quick disconnect yesterday....You can check with Javier but I doubt he will have anything for that computer. I have the kevlar hose for Cobalt (no QD) and maybe a charger. The Cobalt is a tough one to have parts for on the island.

Are you on 50 Sur Bis? I wonder if your Kevlar hose would work?

Chris

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 09:16 AM ----------

Have you checked right across the channel in PDC for an Atomic dealer?

No Atomic dealers in PDC.....

---------- Post added October 21st, 2013 at 10:02 AM ----------

No luck at Scuba Club.... onward to Javier's....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom