Weezle Extreme+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No underwear of mine would be willing to be my friend.

You ocean people....how bad does it have to get before your dive charter calls the dive? I'm talking waves in feet.

Green_Manelishi:
So sad. So sad.
You've slid from Chief O'Trolls to "my best friend is my underwear" :confused:
:laughing:

I'm an ocean diver (and warm water wuss)...

Calling the dive depends on the dive op.....
I've been out in swells that were 8-10 ft. That's tricky getting back on the boat but not dangerous really. I'm sure some have gone out in much worse.

Currents change, winds can be a factor...
Thunderstorms or threatening weather matters too.
Usually it takes pretty bad conditions to make the call....

Li'l38:
:laughing:

I'm an ocean diver (and warm water wuss)...

Calling the dive depends on the dive op.....
I've been out in swells that were 8-10 ft. That's tricky getting back on the boat but not dangerous really. I'm sure some have gone out in much worse.

Currents change, winds can be a factor...
Thunderstorms or threatening weather matters too.
Usually it takes pretty bad conditions to make the call....

Not dangerous? If the ladder is in and out of the water as the boat rolls up and down the waves it can be extremely dangerous. Or perhaps I am over-cautious.

Green_Manelishi:
Not dangerous? If the ladder is in and out of the water as the boat rolls up and down the waves it can be extremely dangerous. Or perhaps I am over-cautious.
Yes, it can be dangerous. Nothing wrong with being cautious. It really just requires a li'l timing with the waves. Depends on the size of the boat too. I've never been diving outside of Florida either.... conditions vary.

jepuskar:
8-10 feet??? Wow.....not sure I would be up for that...
Probably swam against a 6 knot current to get to the boat too.

with split fins :D

JeffG:
Probably swam against a 6 knot current to get to the boat too.
Nope, can't say I've done that....... if I don't come up by the boat..... the boat comes to me :D

C'mon y'all, I said swells..... not hard crashing waves..... or even breaking white caps. What I meant is 8-10 feet between the top of the swell to the low spots between. Again, the size of the boat makes a difference too. Bigger is better :) I wouldn't attempt it without a li'l help, either. That's why ya tip yer Cap'n n DM..... when they do their job well.

JeffG:
Heard of that, never have seen it though and I know a lot of people that dive the Weezle. I think I will try some out later this yr.

I witnessed it first hand and I was the guy that had to tell his buddy, who was hanging on deco, that he made it to the surface already and didn't embolize and didn't bend.

Soggy is just anti-weezle because he got chilled in his in 50 degree water. The issue he speaks of has been addressed by Weezle. As I stated before the type of drysuit exhaust I have on my TLS makes it virtually impossible for any part of the weezle to interfer with its exhausting of air.

I don't see how your drysuit exhaust not venting will lead to a runaway ascent if you are ascending properly. If you ascend and your not venting then dont go up anymore. In the case Soggy mentioned it appears this diver was not paying attention to his lack of exhaust for whatever reason. A runaway ascent means the diver did something wrong.

To clarify....if you have an exhaust issue and your valve is indeed all the way open and your still not venting then you can exhaust air through your wrist or neck seal. You will get wet, but it is better than a runaway ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom