Weight Distribution on Stiletto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving in the Keys last month with no wetsuit (yay!), I found I needed 5lbs in each main side pocket, and 2 lbs on each side of the upper cam band -- that seemed to work great for me.

I tried moving the Zeagle pouches up to the top band just to experiment, but I found they weren't too well supported up there (the velcro tabs have nothing to attach to), and hence not too stable -- plus with just one brick in each pouch, I could feel them sliding around when I was peeking under ledges.

So now I have 2 little Halcyon pouches on the upper band with 2lbs each; not easily dumpable, but that's not a lot of weight. The lower pouches are back on the lower band, where I might use them for stowing stuff... my buddy knows not to dump them... :ermm:

Ive been diving with 5lbs in each trim pocket and 2 in each front pocket for a total of 14. For me this is perfectly comfortable. I dive in a 7mm wetsuit atm, with hood/gloves.

Diving in the Keys last month with no wetsuit (yay!), I found I needed 5lbs in each main side pocket, and 2 lbs on each side of the upper cam band -- that seemed to work great for me.

I tried moving the Zeagle pouches up to the top band just to experiment, but I found they weren't too well supported up there (the velcro tabs have nothing to attach to), and hence not too stable -- plus with just one brick in each pouch, I could feel them sliding around when I was peeking under ledges.

So now I have 2 little Halcyon pouches on the upper band with 2lbs each; not easily dumpable, but that's not a lot of weight. The lower pouches are back on the lower band, where I might use them for stowing stuff... my buddy knows not to dump them... :ermm:

Those little Halcyon pockets are Titz on a Ritz. 4 # non ditchible is fine. The BC is about 2 # positive anyway.

Back
Top Bottom