weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question for people who use weight suspenders instead of weight belts. If you are using BP/Wing, wouldnt the shoulder and waist straps of your BP wing straps rest in the exact spot as these suspender straps? How do you manage the strap over strap situation?

Weight suspenders or harness?

Both have straps on top of straps. The weight system is put on first, followed by your BP/Wing.

The difference is with a harness, the weight pockets drop with a rip cord system but the harness stays in place. With suspenders, you have one quick release on the belt and one on each shoulder strap, which may be under the harness. Thus is difficulty in quickly dropping lead, its not dependable nor fast.

Question for people who use weight suspenders instead of weight belts. If you are using BP/Wing, wouldnt the shoulder and waist straps of your BP wing straps rest in the exact spot as these suspender straps? How do you manage the strap over strap situation?

I don't use DUI weight suspenders/harness but I've seen others use them in conjunction with the BPW. Yes, the shoulder straps are in the same area as the shoulder strap of your BPW, but that's a non-issue. THe people I saw would either wear the weight belt portion higher or lower than the BPW waist belt.

Question for people who use weight suspenders instead of weight belts. If you are using BP/Wing, wouldnt the shoulder and waist straps of your BP wing straps rest in the exact spot as these suspender straps?

right, that is the point of this thread, the suspenders turn the whole thing into a "[-]quick[/-] release" setup, hense the quick release pocket solutions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom