Weighted Single Tank Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I check mine and carry on an alum plate. Never had any issues but a friend had two zip tied in his checked bag and was called back to discuss what it was. This was on Turks and Caicos. His bag met him a few days later. One thing is for sure it's nice to have if diving a neutral rig.

I will tell you that I use bike bar end plugs to cover the studs when in the checked bag. This way if it breaks loose it won't eat my gear.

IMHO if you are getting the Alum plate then the STA weight is a must when using alum tanks on vacation. Options are always good to have.

Anyone else sketched out by the idea of diving with a non-ditchable block of lead on your rig???? Seems decidedly un-DIR to me. I wish there was a way for me to dive my STA without the weight! There are no screws of an appropriate size to fit the adapter to the backplate without the weight though. Makes me nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom