weird eh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearcr at Cmagbride Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers of a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?
and I awlyas thought slpelng was ipmorantt!

Scuba_freak:
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearcr at Cmagbride Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers of a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig huh?
and I awlyas thought slpelng was ipmorantt!

Thanks, that explains 99% of the posts on Scubaboard :wink:

I'ts no joke, I just read an article on the study. It questions at what point the understanding breaks down. I'll see if I can find some relevant quotes or links

If any of you are in Mensa, in their weekly bulletin they had an atricle about this. It was about how when the words are REALY scrambled (like 754632189 not 132457869) then this doesn't work. Cute trick, though.

ScubaHawk:
Yep, I should of guessed you were a M That's the article I was talking about. I just can't find my latest issue.

lol that was a pretty cool article. Though, I thought that edition of the bulletin kinda sucked. It was pretty lame in comparisson to some of their others.

You're an M too? Niiice. Small world, I guess. lol.

<33 Jess

Back
Top Bottom