Spllelnig ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissyP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl meses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

Got this in my email... and was actually able to read it the same as I can read anything else (written correctly).. Pretty weird.

***....? and here i though i could read it cus i'm dyslexic....... :wink:

chaotic-neutral:
***....? and here i though i could read it cus i'm dyslexic....... :wink:
Sorry, I couldn't understand your post, so I attempted to translate it and this is what I got:

"Yo buss dis. cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I wuz rdanieg. De phaonmneal pweor uh de hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttauh in waht oredr de ltteers in a wrod is, de olny iprmoatnt tihng be taht de fris an' lsat ltteuh be in de rghit pclae. De rset can be a taotl meses an' you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs be bcuseae de huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltetuh by istlef, but de wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh an' I awlyas thought slpelin wuz ipmorantt! Sheeit!"

http://www.atlantaga.com/ebonics.htm

:)

I thought it was going to be another whine about spelling on SB or people who a complaint about people who whine about spelling on SB :wink:

CBulla:
Oh yaeh.. I psoetd tihs bcak in Jnuaray... do a search for it :D

I wasn't on here in January... Sorry for the "repeat" post.

i thuohtg taht i wsa teh olny one who woret tish way

TheYellowSubmarine:
You mplseelsid worte. You need to hvae the frsit and lsat ltreets in the rhigt pcale. :p

Ralely Adny, I sgguset taht you tkae mroe crae wtih yuor seplilng...

TheYellowSubmarine:
You mplseelsid worte. You need to hvae the frsit and lsat ltreets in the rhigt pcale. :p
Niotce taht the tearhd tlite is aslo mspeslit as "spllelnig", solhud be "splelnig" or sthmnoeig slimiar, wtih olny two l's :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom