Can You Read This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandshaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

I thought this was pretty cool. Some of you probably have seen this before....

Post to let me know if you are able to read this or not ....I am curious?????

I could almost read it at full speed. Very wierd.

Reading this is no problem. Its just like reading the TM's I get on my phone from some buddies... OY.

Spelling is only important as a social function, a business function and for ego. If you care how you appear to others (educated, ignorant, etc.) then spelling and grammar matter. If its your business, then spelling matters.

Spelling has very little to do with effective communication, which in my mind is much more important. Word selection, emphasis, content - all of these crush spelling if your objective is effective communication.

---
Ken

yup... it's because of how the brain recognizes information

try chaging the first and last letters of the word

ytr ghangingc eht tirsf dan tasl setterl fo eht dorw dan yrt geadinr eikl tish dnsteai

takes actual work

I could read it at full speed which is freaky. I have seen it many times b4 and every time it azames me.

Dan Gibson:
I could almost read it at full speed. Very wierd.

Ditto

i could read it fluently. The mind recoginzes the first and last letters of the word when you are trying to read it in the context of a sentence.

Back
Top Bottom