Weirdest thing you've found in the ocean blue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A long time ago (1991??), I found a Lifecycle (brand) exercise bike-computerized, programmable (not anymore...)
Oddly enough, it sat upright in the reef-with the control panel next to it- 30' down, and about 3/4 of a mile offshore in Jamaica. ?????

Jimmy Buffet CD, sunglasses, tons of lures, hooks, bunches of anchors, a car, an outboard motor, bottles, cans, arrow heads, fossils, various articals of female attire, a lawn mower etc. I have taken to scanning launch ramps and beach areas with my side scan, not found anything yet. N

My buddy

A 40' Cabin Cruiser that snagged the dive site mooring can outside of French Harbour. It fast winched the line, the drive shaft went wobbly and holed the hull.

We pulled up, tied off and were surprised to find Roatan's newest wreck dive.

:Dwhat a great find! probably first to dive on that wreck too hmm?
:blinking:We found a newly submerged car once. The dive site had few fish so the guys opened the car doors climbed in and tried to start it..... it wouldn't start:shakehead: so they opened the bonnet (hood) to check the engine:rofl3:
They only figured out the problem when they realized the rest of the group had opened the boot (trunk) got the jack out and jacked up the back end:rofl3:

A cell phone at 45ft which in itself is no big deal. Inside case showed some "rust" stains. We put it in fresh water after the dive and waited for it to dry. Powered up fine after it dried out. Called the owner of the phone who's listing was in the phone directory and he got the surprise of his life. He had dropped it then kicked it overboard while fishing on the Tuesday and we found it on the Friday - 3 days later.

Another human!!

A nice Suunto Stinger with Titanium strap. It had been there quuite a while looking at the condition. Sent it back to the manufactures in Finland for a service / overhaul & new battery. Been great ever since. A 100m exploration reel. A mans toilet when I was diving in Mabul Sipadan. I know it was a mans toilet cos the seat lid was up.
Also found a plane wreck off the coast of Pattaya, but that was cheating cos we had been looking for it for a few months. Think it was a P38 lightning in good condition

A cell phone at 45ft which in itself is no big deal. Inside case showed some "rust" stains. We put it in fresh water after the dive and waited for it to dry. Powered up fine after it dried out. Called the owner of the phone who's listing was in the phone directory and he got the surprise of his life. He had dropped it then kicked it overboard while fishing on the Tuesday and we found it on the Friday - 3 days later.

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom