Welding versus Medical O2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Intellectual properly law is fairly clear. The fact that making your own knock off stick is illegal is indesputable, regardless of how you want to rationalize the behavior. Much like speeding on the roadway or downloading unpaid for music off the internet, the problem is enforcement.

But don't kid yourself into believing that what you've done is not wrong or not stealing from the guy who actually developed the product and went through the process of patenting it.

Who patented the stupid pill?

I'm just asking here.

Still waiting to hear about the slinky thing as well for anyone out there.

Did the tire-guy steal the hoola-hoop idea or did they both rob it from the crop-circle guy?

Does laying the tire horizontally to make it work better as a hoola-hoop make it a new design altogether, or is it a good enough work-around, and does either look too much like stonehenge?

So many questions over here. :popcorn:

So if I make fake lungs that are pretty much the same as human lungs, and I patent them, I can sue God, because He didn't patent the lungs and I did ?

And what if I made this nitrox mixing stick without having ever seen or heard anything about these other designs? Then I wouldn't have taken anyone's idea, it would be my own idea. Could I still be sued? And can anyone prove that I'm lying when I explain to the judge that I really had no knowledge of these other designs?

Illegal and immoral are two different things and no matter what happens, follow the moral course, not the legal course. If something is illegal but is the correct thing to do morally, do it and face the consequences like a man. In this case, I see no problem, morally, with making my own product that is similar to something designed by countless other people. I do see a moral problem if you sell it. Legality is somehting designed by governments, morality belongs to God, and I worry much more about getting struck down by God than by government, because government doesn't control lighting, car crashes, sharks, "acts of God," etc. :)

Scuba Duck:
Intellectual properly law is fairly clear. The fact that making your own knock off stick is illegal is indesputable, regardless of how you want to rationalize the behavior. Much like speeding on the roadway or downloading unpaid for music off the internet, the problem is enforcement.

But don't kid yourself into believing that what you've done is not wrong or not stealing from the guy who actually developed the product and went through the process of patenting it.

You can't patent the laws of physics.

Steve I can't believe you're still making crop circles in Canada. Must be a lack of black helicopters to point and shoot at like we have down here.

Steve R:
If you keep sending them abroad, you won't have many left either :wink:

Something one of our local guys found on the web today:

http://www.noob.us/miscellaneous/how-to-make-an-angry-american/

That was a hoot.

Its too bad I can't buy Med O2 in Canada without a perscription or any of that BS. I probably could but since the $CND is stronger than ever I can't afford it. Its like 40% inflation at the border :wink:

The nonsense up here would amaze you. It's frustrating as hell to get anything done. There's always big-brother to step in and save you from yourself.

It should be of no surprise why we simply suck, and America has moved forward 10 fold in the last 150 or so years. You guys had it right from Day 1.

It's like we want to be the retarded step-brother or something. :wink:

Actually I'm secretly jealous of all those holidays - and the med O2 availability.

On the other hand He is a bargain here in the States. Helps to have a virtually monopoly on the supply and a long established history of hoarding it. I'd love to have a blimp :D

Don't sweat it dude, our pussy's gave you a lifetime supply of water and all our natural resources at the last free-rape,.....err trade deal.

Let me know when you have your next BM, it's my turn to wipe.

If you can’t get the aviator oxygen then get the medical oxygen. They do vacuum down the medical tanks but I have not seen a shop vacuum down industrial oxygen tanks.

Welding shops will run the tanks bone dry and you have a chance of cross contamination of the tanks. Many times they leave the valves open sitting in their shops where they are grinding, welding, and cutting metal allowing who knows what to enter the tanks then the tank will get refilled with the contaminates still in the bottle. Even if you own your own bottles if they get put on the fill bank with a contaminated tank you are at risk of your tank getting contaminated when they equalize the tanks to fill.

If you are filling scuba tanks for other people using industrial oxygen you may be leaving yourself open to more liability since industrial oxygen is not sold as breathable gas and is not held to a breathable standard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom