Well, I couldn't figure out WHERE to ask this +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I got - it sounded like Iruka just needed a quick fix while the counterpart works on the Japenese site.
But your right James, that would be the better solution. Altough you still may want to use images for larger titles, or in situations where plain HTML can't get the text to display the way you want it to, but being more selective about which ones are images and which ones you have coded in the HTML will save bandwidth.

Iruka - I'd love to goto Guam... just need to save up some $$$! Thanks for the offer!!!

Kim & Boney...the offer still stands, I'm able to put the kanji on the site using the instructions you two gave me. I haven't put the kanji "online" yet...it will take me a while to get all the correct words in there, since I only know a couple hundred kanji, and I have to get Yukiko (my partner) to check it over, write up her own stuff, etc. Since I'm ending up converting them to "GIF" files, they don't take up too much space. Without getting into things into too much detail here, when I tried to put kanji characters onto my website, using the software provided with it, nothing would appear. Not having any experience with HTML stuff, and not having the time now to try to learn it or a new company/host/software to MAKE the homepage, I'm satisfied that I can get kanji/hiragana/katakana ON the site, so that my Japanese customers (which are the majority of divers here on Guam) are able to read the stuff ok. Anyhow, thanks again for the help....once I get most of the Japanese stuff online, I'll send you two a PM or email....then you can go to my guest book, and say "THAT'S not what I told him to do...he probably hasn't even evolved opposable thumbs yet!" or something to that effect.

Take care,

even with my limited computer skills I was able to get kanji on the website...had to wait for my partner to write out the stuff first...I speak Japanese pretty well, but she's a native speaker, so that's a lot better. We have customers mostly from Japan, but also some from the US, Singapore, England etc...so the GIF files work out well for doing the site in multiple languages. Now that I sort of know what I'm doing, it goes more quickly if I want to add text later on.

Thanks again, hope to see you out this way sometime.

Back
Top Bottom