"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We may have to start printing these!

dorktrox.jpg

Dave

Love it. Next we need a "Save-a-Dork" kit.

:wink:
Skull:
Golly guppers ...all I ever really wanted to do was get away from the world for an hour or so trying to escape underwater ...no cell phone, no wife up my a... no kids pounding away at my patience like a yard engineer with a 2 stroke leaf blower on a saturday morning, no spam-mail from idiots I graduated with before the last ice age, no relentless barrage of questions from my employees about their 401k choices, no obsucure arguments over contract discrepencies with government employees who where passed over by a more qualified rent-a-drunk... I believed the "scuba guru" that it was a very cool sport even though he was a little skewed upstairs ...never quite completing a sentence or a thought process swatting at imaginary insects while discussing sac rates ...I wanted to believe the DM when she stroked my ego about how it was a "lifestyle".... I wanted to just get away from my deepest phobias and challange myself to be better emotionally and spiritually. After all this my most deepest fear from jr high school is set in fresh concrete ....I'm a frecken DORK ...I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for the painful lesson ...
so in closing if anyone is interested I have a self storage rental unit type of thing full of dorky things I'd like to unload!!!

When's the yard sale?

John

dsteding:
:11: When did that happen?
Been sportin' those things on my tanks for weeks. Want some? I ordered extra ... I'm sure they'll go over BIG in your Fundies class.

Speakin' of which, I've got this hat for ya ...

DIRwannabe.jpg

... to wear while you're watching your post Fundies class video ... :rofl3:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Inspired by actual events from Vet’s this morning…

Thanks for being there Johnny Dive-Buddy-Come-Lately. While your buddy is flailing and floundering, being knighted by the ocean, “SIR(F) ROLLS-A-LOT”, you are nowhere to be found. While other divers run from the parking lot down the steps and across the sand to help your buddy out, you are Joe No-Show. While divers-that-are-not-you take your bud out of the water, strip his gear, help him with his leg cramp and hump his single tank with 30# of integrated weights up to the stone bench for him, you are reprising your role as The Invisible Man. Only after your buddy is finally standing on his own rubbery legs do you emerge from the ocean, and nonchalantly ask if he’s okay. Thanks for making the effort, Weak Sauce. Listen, Forget-Me-Lots, if you get separated from your buddy (while entering the surf no less -- you’re not even diving yet, you’re walking) and let him almost drown then the rest of us are going to whittle a stick, have a beer, take a nap and pass the time until you finally decide to show up so we can laugh at you and call you a dork.

orange_diver:
Inspired by actual events from Vet’s this morning…

Thanks for being there Johnny Dive-Buddy-Come-Lately. While your buddy is flailing and floundering, being knighted by the ocean, “SIR(F) ROLLS-A-LOT”, you are nowhere to be found.

Imagine the conversation they had on the long drive home.

NWGratefulDiver:
Been sportin' those things on my tanks for weeks. Want some? I ordered extra ... I'm sure they'll go over BIG in your Fundies class.

Speakin' of which, I've got this hat for ya ...

DIRwannabe.jpg

... to wear while you're watching your post Fundies class video ... :rofl3:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does it come in a doubles configuration?

Miss Post-Dive Dinner Picky Eater girl - you know this one, right? This is the one chick in the group who shoots down every dinner suggestion the group offers, but doesn't bother to toss her tofu, sprout and Jamba Juice stained 100% cruelty-free hemp hat into the ring because she knows she'll get stomped. This picture-o-health won't roll with fast food, isn't down with a brew house, won't consider a burger, can't stand food court grub and shoots down all of the local hangs. Let me get this right: You'll pee in your wetsuit, but you won't go to a sports bar and eat some appitizers? You'll dive Vets, the only site that has a "F" rating 10 months out of the year - wrapping yo princess lips on your second stage at 90 FSW in that swill, but you won't join us for a pizza? You'll sit bare buns on a disgusting semi-flushing dive boat head, but you won't sit, post dive and fully clothed in the local greasy spoon with the rest of us? Listen Precious, I know you bring an icechest on the dive boats so you can drink soy milk and whole fruit nectors on your SI, but you're more likely to die from an equipment failure or Hep C from our local waters than gain 2 pounds from a post dive meal with the guys who got your back underater all day. Blow us off again and we'll all laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

Hey - you there, Mr Woeful Weather Watcher Worrier guy - Take me off your eMail list and out of your speed dial, you buzzkill. If you have more swell model, beach cam, tide chart and weather sites boomarked on your PC than you do dives in a month, you're not just a hapless nerd, you're a loser. Here's a newsflash for you Dr. George: Despite all of your technology you propeller headed freak, you don't actually know what the dive site will be like until you get there!!!!. Geeze - if I had a nickel for every time one of you nudniks tried to talk me out of a dive because your computer said I should stay home, or the viz would be poor: I'd have enough cash to buy yet another 130. You're the worst kind of diver - you're the goober that doesn't look for reasons to GO diving, but you look for reasons to NOT go diving. You're not a diver - you're a worrier, and you're trying to kill the team, you coward, not help the team. Don't bring me down with your posts about how bad its gonna suck this weekend - I'll be in the water and won't be able to read them until I get back. Take up golf you clown - when it rains you stay home. If you spend more time researching the dive than doing the dive, we're all gonna laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom