"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Mr. Party All Night! If you drink all night before getting on the boat the next morning and don't pay attention to the DST so that when you hit the snooze button in your hungover state and don't realize the boat's leaving in only a half hour you won't make it, and when everyone gets back, they'll laugh at me (...ummm...you) and you'll look like a dork!

Hey, please move down-wind Mr. I Never Get Seasick guy. Yeah you with the pale gray/green skin that just fed the fish for the 6th time. Maybe a bunk in the bow was a bad idea, maybe it was the shooters and Mexican food last night followed by the sausage and cheese omelet w/sour cream, washed down with OJ and coffee on the boat this morning, Mr. Technicolor Yawn. After the 3rd time I had to move out of your way so you could yodel in the ocean, you might want to actually stay out on deck for a while. Sure, you could have taken the Dramamine in your dive bag last night, or even this morning, but noooooooooooo, not you, you stud. And how about just a little closer to the stern next time sharpshooter. I'll live with fish poop and various assorted other things that end up on my BC while diving, but I really don't need you drooling your enchilada surprise all over it. When I go to the head and there are red and green tortilla chip remnants on the floor, wall and the seat, you don't think I just might figure out where it came from? I don't need Watson's help on that one. So despite your clamoring to the contrary, next time the swells are 3 ft or better, drop the Bonine early chum, otherwise you'll have guacamole on your rashguard and we'll laugh at you and you'll look (and smell) like a dork.

Mo2vation:
Relief zippers are so NE coast!

Yo mister sacal perfect tan with a $300 harcut. Don't be dissin' my NE brethren. You candy a55 woosies can't go divin' in your 55 degree "cold" water when the air temp hits 60 'cuz it's too cold. Try crawling over snow and ice covered rocks in 30 degree air to get to 38 degree water, then you'll know what diving cold really is. Come visit us so you can crash and burn on the rocks, and we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

PADI Cakes:
scuba04.jpg

That's not a lobster... this is a lobster!

31613954_90668f3d29.jpg

Now these bed bugs can bite.

We're laughing at you, and you look like a dork.

Mr Macho East Coast Lobster catcher (this goes for you WWW's in Florida, too.) These duffers dive with a caddy to schlep out all of their lobster hunting tools. You there, DL3 - are you a lobster hunter or are you a friggen dog catcher? Nice fuzzy lobster cover on that snare, Zoeller. Let me get this right - you take out a tickle stick, some Wild Kingdom looking snare thing, and a butterfly net. Very nice. Know what we SoCals take out to catch lobster, Marlin Perkins? A pair of ratty gloves. I grant you your New England bugs have claws, Santa (two... Oh, I'm shaking) - although there is no excuse for Florida divers to schlep all that crap out there. Here's the deal: ours have hundreds of spikes that cut through even toughest gloves. Knife beats vice, Tool Time. My flailing spike wearing thoroughbred is faster and tougher than your claw schlepping dullard. If you wanna rap my bugs you bitter tool laiden silt bomb, leave the hardware in the Iroc and come to SoCal and give it a go - you'll come out of the water as empty handed as when you went in. How do you like 'dem apples, you dork?

---
Ken

Ken abucs:
Yo mister sacal perfect tan with a $300 harcut. Don't be dissin' my NE brethren. You candy a55 woosies can't go divin' in your 55 degree "cold" water when the air temp hits 60 'cuz it's too cold. Try crawling over snow and ice covered rocks in 30 degree air to get to 38 degree water, then you'll know what diving cold really is. Come visit us so you can crash and burn on the rocks, and we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

*johnny jumping in his Iroc and speeding off*:auto:

Hi, my name is Scott and I'M A HUGE DORK!

Notice my low posts? Notice my super low dive count? Yeah, I've got a lot to learn but take note. I had more fun laughing at this thread, at the well thought out slams, at the humor that is the human ability to find humor in anything, than I have for a long time. Thanks for the intro to your dive community. Now I've go to go and post on my other 18 Forums and try to find my 2" Buckle retractor for my 8ft. Console hose.

Glycerin:
Hey noob, if you’re using a default avatar we're all going to laugh at you and you'll look like a dork.

P.S. The only one that I have to seriously own up to and I'll be chaning it as soon as I get to my home computer...Even though every time I think of a dog dressed in a banana suit, holding Maracas and singing "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" I have to smile.

Scott T:
Hi, my name is Scott and I'M A HUGE DORK!

Notice my low posts? Notice my super low dive count? Yeah, I've got a lot to learn but take note. I had more fun laughing at this thread, at the well thought out slams, at the humor that is the human ability to find humor in anything, than I have for a long time. Thanks for the intro to your dive community. Now I've go to go and post on my other 18 Forums and try to find my 2" Buckle retractor for my 8ft. Console hose.

P.S. The only one that I have to seriously own up to and I'll be chaning it as soon as I get to my home computer...Even though every time I think of a dog dressed in a banana suit, holding Maracas and singing "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" I have to smile.

Welcome to the board.

Is that TeqP's av? The dog in the Bananna suit? Too funny.

K

Hey Chalie New Hampshire! Yeah you Rico with the gold chains and pinkie rings! Get this, if it got cold enough for there to be ice and snow on our shores, you'd still find us diving. And I doubt us "candy a55es" would complain about it as much as your "NE brethren" do. How is diving in 38° water more like diving than diving in 48° water? What's the difference, Al Roker? Try sunshine and 70° weather topside while you get into a drysuit so you can spend an hour plus under 48° water and tell me that we are not "really" diving. We can probably speculate that you have some divers out there who do their fair share of crashing and burning on the rocks, Mario. We know we have our share who roll unintentionally in the sand too!:D
If we go to another state looking for some good diving, we have an idea of what we're in for and prepare accordingly. And we can get bugs like that in restaurants, just like you did in the picture. Wow, that's some good huntin there, Chalie!:rofl3:
Passing off a pic taken of a bug in a restaurant as a hunting conquest will make us laugh at you and you'll look like a dork!
:D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom