West Palm Beach Diving in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since there are often less divers on weekdays during off peak season, the charter boats usually have only one boat a day which goes out in the morning and not in the afternoon. You can also do an incredible shore dive at Blue Heron Bridge for free. It is famous for macro photography but you have to plan around high slack tide. I love it much more than the boat dives. If you write to me at escherandme2001@yahoo.com I can get you more detailed info on all of the questions you asked. Do you prefer boat to shore diving? What do you like to see? If I am around that week, I can be your buddy. Remember, you need a flag for shore diving so make sure you or your buddy has one. You can rent one for the day at Force E if your buddy does not have one. You can also look up the Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club on Facebook. There are ALWAYS divers there to dive slack tide and even if you went alone, someone would point out what you need to know to dive and probably let you join if you promise not to stir up silt. Also make sure to bring a camera and gloves if you plan to dive there b/c it is COVERED with creatures that sting--like fireworms!
Ariane

Hey Dave ... I have been diving consistently with JASA out of the lake park marina ... Because ... Its 2 mins from th singer island bridge ... Their day boat goes out every day (at least once) ... Their boat is the most relaxing and spacious I've found in WPB ... Their crew and office staff are the friendliest and most competent I've found anywhere. I'm from upstate NY and I don't have time to risk with outfits that may or may not be going out etc. For the past 8 years I've never been disappointed with their outfit. Check out their website at www.scuba-adventures.com for their history..pics...and especially their online registration wherr you can tell how many other divers are planning on being on the boat ahead of time. Enjoy!

Hi Dave!

I'll be down there the last week of September ... weather and sea conditions should be excellent. I've been diving there for the past 8+ years. I'm from upstste New York and can't be bothered by boats that occassionally do not go out or crews that are always changing. I've been glued to Jim Abernethy's professional outfit. The marina (2 mins from the Singer Island Bridge) is spacious and the parking is right in front of their boat (Deep Obsession). Their day boat D.O. is the most organized, roomy and best one I've found down there. Their office staff (Cristina) and especially their crew is extrodinary! You can check out their website (www.scuba-adventures.com) and look at the days your diving on their online reservation system and actually see how many are on the boat and the details of that days dives, etc. Let me know if you need more info! Tell 'em Wayne said Hi! ::cool2:

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom