West Palm Beach - NEXT WEEK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Heron Bride is delightfully WEIRD. Frogfish, baby octos, flying gurnard, scorpionfish, seahorses, LOVE that 8 feet of goodness. Have fun.
It may not be the right season, but I've been out of Riviera Marina on the Narcosis (SUNK!) and been on crazy fast current drift dives and seen so many turtles I was like, "Oh...another turtle...oh another turtle..." :)

If Susan is still the resident DM/Instructor on the riviera boats, she is badass.

You guys going further south at all? Good wrecks in Ft Lauderdale.

The water at the bridge has been contaminated with sewage now for weeks (last time I checked). Closed to swimming... FYI

This suggestion is more of a 'Bad Weather Disaster Backup Plan"

Since you are coming down I75 via the turnpike, if you get blown out the last day, you might want to rinse your gear in some 72 degree fresh water. An option might be Ginnie Springs which is just minutes off I-75. They have air fills and can do tank rentals. Blue Springs just north of Orlando is smaller and no fills/tanks.

I've been told that Blue Heron Bridge swimming advisory has been lifted.

Can anyone confirm that? (Who has the 'authority' to issue these advisories?).

I would say this site might be a good place to look for advisories - courtisy of the OP's website.

Beach Sampling History

My backup plan for BHB is Kevin at Underwater Explorers but looks like you already have your boat dives line up. If you are set on a shore dive and BHB isn't an option, you can take a ride further south to Lauderdale by the Sea and Gold Coast Scuba.

Gold Coast Scuba » Your Site Name

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom