West Palm Beach Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJFor

Registered
Reaction score
There is a good chance I may be in West Palm Beach FL the first week in June, anyone have any recommendations for shops that run daily charters, or sites that are a "must see"? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I would highly second Jupiter Dive center. I have been diving with them since 2007. Even though I am a land locked diver. They always treat me as if I am family. One suggestion with diving is West Palm or Jupiter, you really want to be Nitrox cert.

I have a few favorites and recommendations, but I will defer to @scubadada to guide you in the right direction. You will be in a diving mecca with lots of outstanding options between Jupiter, West Palm and Boynton Beach. Not to mention some great shore diving at Blue Heron Bridge.

Florida Scuba Charters, Narcosis, and Jupiter Dive Center are my go-to operators in that area. You do want to be Nitrox certified especially for FSC & Narcosis - JDC has 2 boats that are often split for sight-seers vs hunters but not always so best to call and ask (goes for all the operators really). As was mentioned, if you can catch high-tide, Blue Heron Bridge at Phil Foster Park can be an exceptional dive so don't over look that opportunity especially if you are into macro photography. Force-E scuba is just up the road and can set you up.

There is a good chance I may be in West Palm Beach FL the first week in June,...
Water temps should be just about hitting 79-80 on the bottom that week. What hotel/place are you staying at?

Out of curiosity, what would you most like to see on your trip? Reef? Wrecks? Large animals? Sharks?

Richard.

Thanks for asking the question. I will be touring Florida in the same time frame. I plan on hitting the gulf coast, Vero Beach, and working down to Largo. This helps with the planning.

Thanks everyone for the replies thus far! Keep 'em coming!
In response to some of your questions, I would be flying in to PBI Sunday and leaving on Friday. As far as what I would like to see, I don't really have a strong preference, though I do like to explore wrecks and reefs... any day diving is better than a day topside in my book. I was looking at dive charters the other day and was looking at Pura Vida, anyone have any experience with this outfit?

... and was looking at Pura Vida, anyone have any experience with this outfit?

PVD has a Very solid reputation as a full service, long time operator in WPB. They come very highly recommended, even by other competitor dive shops and boats !!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom