West Palm July 1-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaBluedolphin

Resident/Token Treehugger
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in West Palm arriving July 1, 2006 and leaving on the 8th. The operator I used in the past is no longer around so I am pretty much going to be operator shopping.

Wish list.

1. Allows you to pretty much dive your own profile (does not set limits on your bottom time).

2. Gives a reasonable surface interval and not in a rush to get back to get the afternoon divers.

3. Possibly someone who can do 3 tank dives, without having to come back to shore before going out again. (this is not manditory just would be nice).

4. Not a cattle boat.

5. I am strictly a recreational diver in every sense of the word, so I am not interested in operators who cater to the tech diver crowd.

6. Not interested in shore dive locations (except maybe under the Phil Foster bridge if I can find a buddy and the timming is right)

I am flexible on location pretty much between Bounton Beach and Jupiter (Is Juno in that area someplace too)?

Also a recommendation for Aqua Zoo (is that the correct name, if not, it is close).

I am looking to dive Sunday-Thursday (will probably head for the Zoo in Miami Friday especially if I decide to fly vs. drive).

Any thoughts and recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks,

Linda

try jim abernethy's scuba adventures?
I think it's www.scuba-adventures.com. I think they do 3 tank dives
just did a dive with them last weekend and had a pretty good time (cept for the vis)
I've also dived on the narcosis down there but not sure how to get ahold of them

Thanks Naracosis is on my list to try, I dove with Abernathy before.

Since virtually all of the diving in northern Palm Beach county is drift diving, you may need to adjust your expectations when "diving your own profile". The usual approach is to dive as a group, with everone entering and exiting together. Some operators will allow smaller groups or buddy pairs with individual float balls and lines (be ready to wait after surfacing while they collect the others first). If you go on a weekend morning, be assured that they will want to be back in time to pick up the afternoon divers.

This will be my 4th trip to WPB, but I just don't want them to tell me I can only have 25 minutes of bottom time and a 20 minutes surface interval. Then again maybe that is how diving is done these days since it is all about $$$$.

Hey Tom:

I was in WPB a couple of years ago and was on one of the last dive voyages of the Rampage. Do you know where Capt Bob's crew wound up? I noticed in my pics that Narcosis is moored right next to Rampage's old spot.

Thanks,

Mike

MY01SHADOW:
Hey Tom:

I was in WPB a couple of years ago and was on one of the last dive voyages of the Rampage. Do you know where Capt Bob's crew wound up? I noticed in my pics that Narcosis is moored right next to Rampage's old spot.

Thanks,

Mike

I loved the Rampage and Capt. Bob, after "Charlie" at least I think it was Charlie that sunk the boat, I was told Narcosis took over Bob's customers, at least that is where they were being referred. I only knew Mike and Nicole and last I heard Nicole had a baby and Mike was selling boats, but that was some time back. I would love to get up with them, the email I had for their uderwater video business was bad.

Carolina Diver:
Whenever I go, I use Diving Solutions. They will listen to whatever request you have and usually put two groups in: tables and computers. Doug is a great guy too.

http://www.divingsolutions.com/

Carolina Diver, thanks I will check them out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom