West Palm July 1-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove with all of the above...and none of them can compare to Ocean Quest Scuba's operation. Name of the boat is "Sandy's Sunday", and my family and I just spent a week diving with them. Boat Rules 1. have fun 2. dont go into deco 3. don't run out of air. We had a great time, each dive a new dive sites, and with Sandy as our dive guide we just had a totally different experience than with any of the others. First the groups are small, and everyone gets personalized attention. By the end of they day, the friendly, professional crew knew are names, and were we were from. I had my two sons with me, and they just made the kids trip...We were allowed to dive our computers, and were never rushed to get back into the water. Each day, we would discuss what kind of marine life we would like to see, and then Sandy would call out a couple of names and away we would go. We spent the surface intervals looking for Dolphins and Sailfish, the kids got to do some diving off the bridge, and we just had a wonderful time. We have dove all around and this is the best operation we have ever been on. The crew is just as friendly and helpful as you could ask for...and I think Sandy must have gills....we would recommend them to everyone, we'll never dive with anyone else again. Narcosis is a cattle boat, Abernethy's last time we were there, we didnt like at all, (sand drops/clueless crew), Puria Vida is nice, but they have such strick bottom times, it is crazy. Try Sandy and her crew...you'll have a good time.

scdivegirl:
Dove with all of the above...and none of them can compare to Ocean Quest Scuba's operation.

Boat Rules

2. dont go into deco

Guess I won't be using them! :D

Thanks, SCDivegirl, they are on my short list, and I liked what you had to say about them. I just need to figure out how many days I am going to be diving and go from there!

SCDivegirl, do you have a web link to the charter you speak of.

Sharkdiver69:
You should come a little north to Jupiter if you want to see the big stuff.

I'll second that on Jupiter, great drift diving up there. If your planning on four dives
in a day I would recommend nitrox as there ledges are more in the 80 to 85 ft.
range as compared to west palm at 55 to 65 ft. I'm hoping to get a week in June
or July and I plan on staying in the west palm area and diving Jupiter to the north
and Boynton to the south, a drift diving week !

I have been diving on all the boats in WPB for several years, and you will be happiest with OceanQuest Scuba. Sandy's Sunday is a 30 ft., fast boat that takes out a max of 12 divers. Sandy knows every dive site and can make up a dive trip for any experience level. Her only rules are: 1. Don't run out of air, 2. Don't go into deco, 3. Have fun. You can stay with the Divemaster for personalized attention, or go off on your own with your buddy ( bring a surface marker).

oceanquestscuba.com

Great information thanks everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom