West Palm Right After New Year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fritzer

Reaction score
Oops, posted to the wrong forum....Here we go again

Hi Folks:

I'm thinking about a trip to West Palm right after New Year's (as in 1/2 thru 1/6) and just wondering if anybody can give me some idea as to whether it's feasible. First of all, has anyone been there during that time of year and is it a bad time to go? Drift diving is good, but don't think I'm into hooking into the reef, so if the conditions then are as such, I may pass on this trip. Are the dive shops open that close to the holidays? Can you recommend a good dive shop and good place to stay? Thanks for any input!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-17-2003 01:36 PM

West Palm is great all year long. All drift diving but you drift over the reef and don't hook in. Lots of pelagics, wrecks, reefs. Gulfstream comes closer to the US shore there than any other place in the US.

Try Doug and Tracy @ Diving Solutions. Been diving with them for several years and they do a great job. They can supply anything you need. No need to use a dive shop, but E Force is closest to Riviera Beach Marina.

www.divingsolutions.com

You may need a little more rubber...water will probably be in low 70's.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom