Western vs Southeastern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freestyle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My family is planning a cruise/dive trip for 2009. My daughters have not been able to experience diving past our experiences throughout Florida. We are looking forward to this big trip and need your eyes and experience to help weigh the options. The choices are Western Caribbean :Roatan, Cozumel, Belize, and Grand Cayman. versus Southeastern Caribbean:puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and St. Kitts. I have experience diving in Cozumel and it was wonderful making be believe the rest of the western circuit would also be (Second largest barrier reef is my clue). However my partner has dove Puerto Rico and I've also heard it and Dominica and possibly Barbados has good diving. Looking for great reefs, vis at 75 feet plus, and marine life to chatter about (yes every divers "big fish" dream story) since this is the last hoorah before I'm college poor. Input greatly appreciated; time is of the essence. freestyle

freestyle,
welcome to this board.
you have a tough choice to make.
there is one factor that could be a show stopper.
are you going to use the dive op that the ship will arrange for you?
all of these islands can deliver good diving.
but you need some one to show you.
a search in this forum will show where it's the dive op that will make or break a good dive.
the ''dive princess'' a member of this board, recently on a cruise discovered that not all dive ops are the same.

when you search this forum take note of the dive op that gets good reviews.
make your reservations with the dive ops before the cruise and you will experience good carribean diving

go on the west cruise this year and the south cruise next year and then you can tell everyone where the best diving is.

upon your safe return please give us a trip report.
regards,

good point, thankyou, and my wheels are already turning as to how to experience both; but for next year I can only choose one. thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom