wet suit for tall & skinny ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lurker mike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to get a good fitting suit. I'm 6'1" and 155 lbs. Any economical recommendations for a 7mm one piece? or a 2 piece 5mm? I'm thinking about Body Glove because the ML size seams to be a size that fits, at least on paper. Thanks for your imput.

I would try Pinnacle. I know it is an expensive suit but I had luck with them. I'm 6'2 and 170lbs and a large fit me good.

I tried a pinnacle before and they seemed to be off on there size chart and I gave up after having to ship 2 suits back that didn't fit. I did like the suit in everyway but the size.

Ya I wasn't aware of you going through the internet. My size as per the size chart shouldn't fit me either but I found a shop 2 hrs away that sell Pinnacle and went and tried one on. I'm not sure about where in FL you are located but Pinnacle's warehouse just moved to FL. You might want to post on the Pinnacle forum and I bet they got a store at this place if its somewhat close to you.

Thanks, I'll check into that. If I remember right, the suit I tried was the 7/5 mil crusier that seemed reasonably priced.

I'm looking to get a good fitting suit. I'm 6'1" and 155 lbs. Any economical recommendations for a 7mm one piece? or a 2 piece 5mm? I'm thinking about Body Glove because the ML size seams to be a size that fits, at least on paper. Thanks for your imput.

Don't go by "on paper" size as that's generally about as worthless as guessing. I'm 6'2" and 165lbs and and their ML size is too wide around the middle for me. I have an XCEL ML that fits a little better, but even still it's too big around the middle.

Bare makes a MTall that looks like it might be a better option

Bare Size Chart at www.DiveSeekers.com

Don't buy anything you can't try on.

I'm not quite as skinny as you are, but I suggest BARE suits. They make suits in about 15 sizes and I have been happy happy with their products. Good bang for the buck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom