wetnotes usage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what you find wetnotes useful for? Are you using it instead of a slate for deco profiles? Do you carry backup slate as well as wetnotes?

thanks,

Passing notes underwater... "How you doin..."

Seriously, tables, pre dive checklists, passing notes, taking notes while doings safety stops ect...

wedivebc:
Can someone tell me what you find wetnotes useful for? Are you using it instead of a slate for deco profiles? Do you carry backup slate as well as wetnotes?

thanks,

With wetnotes you are collecting your deco-profiles which you have written down. So for all "standard"-deco dives you do the same deco and after while you will know them by heart.
Also if one diver has a problem you can discuss it better. This is a big safety-plus in technical dives.Reading a wrist-slate of a buddy is horror, passing wetnotes easy.
In cave-diving you can copy down cave-passages and stickmaps and also use it to write down survey-data.

Wetnotes are a great tool !
Michael

wedivebc:

thanks,

Apart from the standard stuff I have in there under the clear covers - basic 5, rock bottoms, and "this is the body of Ken.... (with my wife's name and our address, etc.) I also use them to always write start and end pressures, and essentially communicate with buddies and chronicle the dive.

I have pages and pages I've saved that contain funny stuff that serve as memories of great dives, fun times and important events.

Its one of my best pieces of safety gear and fun gear - I enjoy my dives more now that I can pass this back and forth... Bests the snot out of some overpriced mag-slate crapoa. $13 at COVCI... can't beat them. I love my wetnotes - one of the best things I've picked up from ScubaBoard.

K

Mo2vation:
Apart from the standard stuff I have in there under the clear covers - basic 5, rock bottoms, and "this is the body of Ken.... (with my wife's name and our address, etc.) I also use them to always write start and end pressures, and essentially communicate with buddies and chronicle the dive.

I have pages and pages I've saved that contain funny stuff that serve as memories of great dives, fun times and important events.

Its one of my best pieces of safety gear and fun gear - I enjoy my dives more now that I can pass this back and forth... Bests the snot out of some overpriced mag-slate crapoa. $13 at COVCI... can't beat them. I love my wetnotes - one of the best things I've picked up from ScubaBoard.

K
I ordered my Wetnotes from COVCI last night after reading this post.

I looked for them at the LDS earlier this week, but they didn't have any. They recommended a slate, but I wanted to go with Wetnotes.

Just another step in reassembling my gear!

Christian

headhunter:
I ordered my Wetnotes from COVCI last night after reading this post.

I looked for them at the LDS earlier this week, but they didn't have any. They recommended a slate, but I wanted to go with Wetnotes.

Just another step in reassembling my gear!

Christian
I was lucky in that I was in my LDS who had a dive (w)rite(s) collecting dust on the shelf. He asked me to use them and give a full report. I don't know who COVCI is but the dive rite version is a little less than the trident ones.

Thanks for the info so far

cheers,

wedivebc:
I was lucky in that I was in my LDS who had a dive (w)rite(s) collecting dust on the shelf. He asked me to use them and give a full report. I don't know who COVCI is but the dive rite version is a little less than the trident ones.

Thanks for the info so far

cheers,

Nice, nice people. www.covci.com

K

db8us:
With wetnotes you are collecting your deco-profiles which you have written down. So for all "standard"-deco dives you do the same deco and after while you will know them by heart.
Also if one diver has a problem you can discuss it better. This is a big safety-plus in technical dives.Reading a wrist-slate of a buddy is horror, passing wetnotes easy.
In cave-diving you can copy down cave-passages and stickmaps and also use it to write down survey-data.

Wetnotes are a great tool !
Michael

OK I'm a little thick so I need details. I used to carry my deco on a slate clipped to a D ring, and my backup slate in my drysuit pocket. Now I use a wrist slate, backup in pocket.
If I put my deco on wetnotes do I keep a second pad in my pocket.
Some people tape their deco from the desktop onto a slate but my eyes can't see small print anymore. Wetnotes are just the ticket. Any ideas on backup deco plan?

cheers,

Well, I have not received my order yet.

I called COVCI about my Wetnotes order last week and we decided to give it a little more time just in case the USPS was being unusually slow.

The gentleman with whom I spoke was nice and had a very professional attitude with concern. That was refreshing in today's world of bad customer service. He was great.

I called back today and left a voice mail message and also followed up with an email letting them know that I have still not received my order.

I'll post follow ups on this as I have them, but I'm sure things will work out fine.

Christian

headhunter:
Well, I have not received my order yet.
Heard back from Chris at COVCI today. They are shipping the Wetnotes order to me again today. I let him know that if for any reason I get both orders, that I will call them and let them know so that they can charge me for both. I'll need them sooner or later anyway.

I have always found that it's not when everything goes smoothly that you find out how good a company is. It's when things don't go as planned that you find out how good they are.

So far, I'm pleased with their commitment to customer service which is evident in their willingness to make things right.

I'll post when I have more info.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom