wetnotes usage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Heard back from Chris at COVCI today. They are shipping the Wetnotes order to me again today. I let him know that if for any reason I get both orders, that I will call them and let them know so that they can charge me for both. I'll need them sooner or later anyway.

I have always found that it's not when everything goes smoothly that you find out how good a company is. It's when things don't go as planned that you find out how good they are.

So far, I'm pleased with their commitment to customer service which is evident in their willingness to make things right.

I'll post when I have more info.

Christian

Give us all the gory details man.

I like having a wrist slate so I don't always have to dig into my pocket to pull out my Wetnotes. I have my dive plans, contingency and deco schedule on the wrist slate as well as Wetnotes. The Wetnotes are good for going back to previous schedules and diving them again. I just keep whatever for the day's outings on the wrist slate.

Recently, I started thinking about how pilots use check lists for pre-flight checks. They always go down the list even if they have done the same routine hundreds of times. It is the only way to be sure that you don't skip something.

Based on this, I put together my pre-dive check in my last page. This even includes firing up my light at the beginning of the check and then later, after it is glowing brightly, going back and verifying that the light is in fact working before I jump into the water. It is very complete but can be done quickly. Why trust this to memory?

I really like this system because it covers everything and goes in head to toe order with other things I have added over the years (deco bottles charged and off, etc.).

I also have SADDD in the back on the page next to the pre-dive check list.

wedivebc:
Give us all the gory details man.
LOL... The gory details are reserved for when we have to get Spike the Shark involved! :wink:

Of course, we'd have to get permission from the OFWF to get have him on loan. And he can bring Fin Solo and the Spike Girls, too. :eyebrow:

Christian

I love my Wetnotes and use them on just about every dive.
However a cover with a better place to put the pencil would be nice, but still keeping it tidy and easy to handle. Anyone see anything like that around?

ABQdiver:
I love my Wetnotes and use them on just about every dive.
However a cover with a better place to put the pencil would be nice, but still keeping it tidy and easy to handle. Anyone see anything like that around?

Cut a very small piece of duct tape(width of pencil) to place on the sticky side of a larger piece, that creates a "non stick" area. Then tape the big piece to the cover. Slide the pencil in.

HarleyDiver:
Cut a very small piece of duct tape(width of pencil) to place on the sticky side of a larger piece, that creates a "non stick" area. Then tape the big piece to the cover. Slide the pencil in.
Great idea I'll do that.
I read some posts somewhere, it was on the Deco Stop about a German company DIR Zone (bottom of the page)that had some cool stuff. Looked like a great idea.

ABQdiver:
Great idea I'll do that.
I read some posts somewhere, it was on the Deco Stop about a German company DIR Zone (bottom of the page)that had some cool stuff. Looked like a great idea.
Kevin,

You may want to share the URL here, because unless you are registered at The Deco Stop you can't view that page.

Christian

HarleyDiver:
Great idea Lance! I was wondering how to manage the pencil myself.

Do you tie a string to the pencil as well, so as not to drop it?

Christian

headhunter:
Kevin,

You may want to share the URL here, because unless you are registered at The Deco Stop you can't view that page.

Christian
Sorry, didn't think about that :11:
See if this Single Post will show.

Or this picture Wet Notes Cover

ABQdiver:
Sorry, didn't think about that :11:
See if this Single Post will show.

Or this picture Wet Notes Cover
The single post still requires registration, but the picture does show. It's a bit too small to see much detail though. Can you copy and paste the address to the website that the single post points you to?

I'm always interested in looking at things that seem to be "innovative".

Thanks.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom