wetnotes usage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good on you Stefan, Thanks!

Now does anyone know a more "local" place to get something like that?

headhunter:
Great idea Lance! I was wondering how to manage the pencil myself.

Do you tie a string to the pencil as well, so as not to drop it?

Christian

I use the Dive Rite version that comes with a Great heavy charcol pencil that is attached. The only problem was it would mark up clean pages if folded into the book. If my pencil wasn't attached I would have to go out & buy a box of pencils. lol

caveseeker7:
As mentioned above somewhere, DiveRite sells a similar product as Dive wRites.
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/tools/slates.shtml#writes

Any dealer should be able to get you one version or another, and there are several mailorder places that sell them.

The version I used was Dive wRites. The first dive, the book fell apart on me. The flat spiral binding must have hooked on something in my pocket when I pulled it out. I was lucky not to have too long a deco since I had to hold the book together so the pages wouldn't 'fly' away.

cheers,

caveseeker7:
Hi Christian,

DIR Zone is at www.dirzone.com and here is a larger version of the picture.

:wink: Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the links.

The picture is helpful. It looks kind of like an underwater organizer.

Christian

Well, I was out of town for a couple of weeks and had a neighbor picking up my mail for me. I asked him to watch for the arrival of my second attempt at a shipment of WetNotes from COVCI.

The second attempt was successful. The package arrived with a postmark of Jul 03, '04.

Apparently, the USPS lost the package on the first attempt, because a couple of days after receiving the July attempt, the original shipment arrived postmarked Jun 13, '04. The package looked like it had gone through a war zone, but the WetNotes were in fine shape.

So... I called Chris at COVCI earlier today and told him what had happened. I asked him to go ahead and charge me for the second set of WetNotes. I'll need them sooner or later anyway.

Throughout the process, I've been impressed with the professionalism and thoughtfulness expressed by COVCI.

I had not seen these before. So, for those of you who have not seen WetNotes, these are notebooks with 4" x 7" loosely bound waterproof blank pages with no lines on either side. They utilize a plastic binding with 45 pages to a notebook and come with a vinyl cover that slips on to keep the binding from snagging on anything. The vinyl cover is clear on the inside, so you could easily slip any pre-printed information under this clear sleeve (front or rear) and refer to it throughout a dive. They come ready to use including a No. 2 pencil.

I believe this is a very thin, no frills solution that is better than a dive slate since it seems to provide the easiest way to keep your notes on multiple dives in an organized fashion throughout the day.

Now... I can already hear some of you thinking, "For God's sake we're talking about WetNotes here, not the latest rebreather technology." I just find that sometimes the simplest things can be the coolest. :crafty:

That's my way-more-than-2-cents on WetNotes and my recent experience with COVCI. I hope someone finds it helpful.

Thanks to Mo2vation for the recommendations.

Christian

Quick question: are WetNotes pages 'cleanable' like a slate is? Usually with my slate I'll grab some sand if I'm on the bottom and just rub the pencil off. Is this (or another method) possible with wetnotes?

teknitroxdiver:
Quick question: are WetNotes pages 'cleanable' like a slate is? Usually with my slate I'll grab some sand if I'm on the bottom and just rub the pencil off. Is this (or another method) possible with wetnotes?
WetNotes are just a spiral bound notebook of waterproof pages. You can erase them just as you do regular paper using the eraser on the standard #2 pencil that is provided.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom