Wetsuit after significant weight loss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For the past few years, I have been wearing a ladies BARE Evoke 7 mm wetsuit. However, some life challenges over the past year or so have caused me to lose a lot of weight...mostly in my legs but hips and arms also. I just tried it on and while the top still fits reasonably well, the legs are enormous. I checked the BARE size chart and I think a size 4 will be too tight in the top. Can anyone suggest a brand that fits fairly tightly in the legs?

In my opinion everyone not lucky enough to be a "standard" size s/m/l/xl is generally always going to be better off with a made to measure wetsuit (or drysuit, if used to a 7mm wetsuit you might be thrilled to begin diving dry..). Made to measure wetsuits are surprisingly usually not much more in cost but priceless in terms of the quality of your entire diving experience.
Other scubaboard members on a different thread highly recommended JMJ Wetsuits and Teknodiver for made to measure wetsuits, but I'm lucky to be standard size wetsuit (but custom DUI dry suit, which I am very happy with).

Reactions: MMM
@MMM take a look at Truli Wetsuits. They are designed by women for women. They might have just what you are looking for.

Full disclosure: I know Mia, the CEO & designer. I met her when she was a DM on the Aqua Cat and we have crossed paths several times since then.

Reactions: MMM
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom