Wetsuit/Drysuit Pockets - Glue or Sew On Design - $21 Shipping Included!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilEllis:
Harry, since your posts are so through....give us some feedback on the installation process when you complete your pocket project. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

You bet! This is what I did for glueing the pockets onto my 5 mil wetsuit. After 20 dives with the pockets full (spare mask, spool, wet notes. smb-spooll, sissors) the pockets show no hint of coming off.

1. I put my wetsuit on and placed the pockets where I wanted them. You want them on the side of your theigh, where they won't cause any extra drag and not too close to the knee joint. Then draw an outline of where the pocket will go.

2. Take the wetsuit off and you'll see that the area will now be smaller due to the neopreme being unstretched. Next, cut out some pieces of cardboard to stretch out the pocket area until it now matches your pocket. This will take some fiddling around with different sizes of cardboard.

3. The little tube of glue is just enough to glue one pocket. But I prefer to use a bit more glue, so I'd suggest getting a bigger tube of glue. You now want to put a layer of glue around the outside edges of the pocket and then fill in most of the inside area. Do this on the pocket AND the wetsuit. Let stand for a bit. Read the instructions on the glue tube.

4. Put the pocket onto the wetsuit. It's very sticky and you really only get one chance to lay it down. Once fully down, it would be very difficult to reposition. So take you time on this step.

5. Let stand overnight before using. It's better to let stand 24 hours.

I just got a full size brass SPG from Phil and boy its nice.
And heavy.
Very high quality and built like a Sherman Tank.
But feels like my travel rig just doubled its weight.
I was noticing that none of the good brass n glass units online list thickness or weight. Is there a full size B&G SPG that is both thin and light ?

Izu:
I just got a full size brass SPG from Phil and boy its nice.
And heavy.
Very high quality and built like a Sherman Tank.
But feels like my travel rig just doubled its weight.
I was noticing that none of the good brass n glass units online list thickness or weight. Is there a full size B&G SPG that is both thin and light ?
It's the full size brass and glass that's making it heavy... the very features you were looking for.

No such thing as "lighter weight brass" or "lighter weight glass".

DiveRite and a number of others make smaller, compact gauges from plastic that are still quite sturdy, and are used by many. If you want brass and glass, you have to deal with the weight of the brass and the glass.

CompuDude:
It's the full size brass and glass that's making it heavy... the very features you were looking for.

No such thing as "lighter weight brass" or "lighter weight glass".

DiveRite and a number of others make smaller, compact gauges from plastic that are still quite sturdy, and are used by many. If you want brass and glass, you have to deal with the weight of the brass and the glass.

Roger that.
Until Phil can manufacture me a TI/lexan or carbon fibre/lexan travel spg, I shall enjoy the heft of solid brass.

Hi Phil. Do you still have these pockets available for the special price?

We have a fresh supply of these wetsuit/drysuit pockets, so if anyone is still in need, we would love your order. Thanks again.

Phil Ellis

Hi Phil. I see that my order shipped yesterday. Outstanding! I can't wait to get them in and install them. Since I dive a bp/w, these pockets will come in very, very handy. I'll be sure and post my thoughts once I get them installed.

Phil:

I sent a PM but no reply so I'll do it here.

On your web site I thought there were detailed instructions on attaching the pockets to a dry suit. But I couldn't find them to print out. Directions to the instructions please.

Back
Top Bottom