Wetsuit for Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Yeah, we've had this thread running before on WV...

I like to bring it back to life from time to time. Some people get so serious about it, it's funny to 'tweak' them a little. If someone told me 'Boat diving sucks', I'd say 'Big Deal'. But tell a 'Dutch head' Dutch sucks and they get all weird and defensive. I think they cry about it when they're alone. What's up with that ? LIGHTEN UP, PEOPLE. Jeez. Oh yeah, you're welcome, Sprat.:D

Why not take this opportunity to learn something new and get your drysuit certification? You don't have to invest one, just take the course and see how it goes. Maybe you'll discover eventually that diving locally outside of Dutch is more fun....as phillyrob indirectly points out.

Personally I think diving anywhere is fun. I like to even dive the Delaware River, as long as its up North by the H2O Gap. And I especially like boat dives, just can't get them all the time and for training purposes I use the quarry cause it is controlled and I'd rather see problems solved where we have controlled conditions.

... I like to even dive the Delaware River, as long as its up North by the H2O Gap...

I dove the Gap once. Very cool. I'd do it again.

.... I have not done any shore diving...

Wow ! No kidding ? That's too bad. I love Shark River. I should be there next weekend, weather permitting. I practice a lot of my photo 'techniques' there. And I STILL suck. But it is a hike for you to only get one dive in.

Why not take this opportunity to learn something new and get your drysuit certification? You don't have to invest one, just take the course and see how it goes. Maybe you'll discover eventually that diving locally outside of Dutch is more fun....as phillyrob indirectly points out.

That is a good idea...i guess it is always worth a try...I assumed I wouldnt enjoy it since I am very much for warm weather and water, but I will have to give the DS a call tomorrow and see what they could do.

I use the 7mm FJ all year long at Dutch. Last year, I started in April, and ended on 12/31 and was comfortable on every dive. Granted, a 7mm is a little warm in the summer sun, but if you're going deep, you'll be glad you have it.

Wow ! No kidding ? That's too bad. I love Shark River. I should be there next weekend, weather permitting. I practice a lot of my photo 'techniques' there. And I STILL suck. But it is a hike for you to only get one dive in.

Hard to believe but true. One of these days I'll give it a whirl. Maybe an RV trip is in order for shore diving....

Al Bing and I have been trying to dive the Big Eddy on the Delaware the last two years. Usually the flow is too fast to get to it, but it's still on the "must do" list for us.

This trip to DS is just for testing equipment. Maybe next time I'll break the camera out and test the new enclosure I got. I too can be a crappy photographer...:D

Right about now I would give anything to be at Dutch!! Hell I wouldn't even mind climbing cardiac ridge in doubles!

Instead today I had to walk 100s of yards through the woods carrying side mount tanks. The slide/fall down a rocky slimy embankment just to get to a smelly stinky cess pool! Not to mention the mosquitoes were so thick we had to wear our full suits with hoods just try and minimize the amount of bug bites we have on us.. And just at the last minute, while standing chest deep in God knows what, I blow an o-ring which we have no spares for so.. NOW we had carry the crap back up out of the muck, mud, and I don't wan't to know what else. Then after getting out of the woods we had to walk a half a mile (still in full suits to keep from getting eaten alive) to where the wife took the car to meet us where we were supposed to come out!

On second thought, I think I would still rather be here than Dutch! God I love cave diving!!

Don't worry, once I get back up home I will get wreck valley up and running and better than before (ie stable!)
Take care everyone,
Ben

Dutch Springs is like light beer. If there is no other option, I'll take it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom