Wetsuit for Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben! glad you are enjoying your trip.........

I am having a blast! Other than having to check each other over for ticks that trek was REALLY eye opening. I think the next time I do that dive I will do it in the winter when there are not as many bugs out and about.

Hard to believe but true. One of these days I'll give it a whirl. Maybe an RV trip is in order for shore diving....

Al Bing and I have been trying to dive the Big Eddy on the Delaware the last two years. Usually the flow is too fast to get to it, but it's still on the "must do" list for us.

This trip to DS is just for testing equipment. Maybe next time I'll break the camera out and test the new enclosure I got. I too can be a crappy photographer...:D

Let me know if you ever decide to make that trip -- I'd be interested. I used to drive by Shark River Inlet on my way to work in Eatontown every day (yeah, a long trek from the Philly area), and I've read some great dive reports from there. Any other location sounds good, too.

Shark River is only an hour from NE Phila. I do that run all yhe time since I teach for Divers Two and we always have Inlet and Back Bay dives Sometimes even the Railroad Bridge in Point Pleasant.

Shark River is only an hour from NE Phila. I do that run all yhe time since I teach for Divers Two and we always have Inlet and Back Bay dives Sometimes even the Railroad Bridge in Point Pleasant.

Can you PM me the next time you plan on doing Shark River?

I wouldn't mind checking it out either. Shark river looks to be about an hour & half from Atlantic City. Thats actually closer to me than Dutch.
Whats the best time of the day to hit the water?

A lil FYI:
Was at the quarry today. 63', 50', 10' all was at 43 degrees. We were the first ones in the water at 815am and the vis was amazing!!!!! So glad that I was dry but after about 20 minutes it was time to get out and have a nice hot cop of joe.... Was hoping to hit that nice, "warm" 20' thermocline but it just wasn't there. Did 2 dives (came straight from work this morning), took off 6 lbs of lead from last year (October) and dove doubles for the first time. It was a good day. But it seemed like everyone that was there were diving dry. Enjoy the 08 season everyone! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom