Wetsuit for fat/big guys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"It is a one piece suit and you can layer a shorty over the top for added protection"

Why over the top? I would think that water flowing between the shorty and the one piece would negate some or all of the insulation value of the shorty. What am I missing?
Sher

Try the henderson hyperstretch (supposedly will stretch 250% its original size and it does), it fits better than any other suit I have ever had. The brands I have used are O'Neil and Bare, they just don't compare to the henderson in fit and the henderson is just as warm or warmer. I don't know for sure how well they will hold up since I have only had them for about a year (we'll see as time goes on).:wink:

BTW I layer a 3mil shorty over my 5mil and it does help in water as low as 54 degrees.:)

I checked with Liquid Fit and they wanted $285 for their 3mm superstretch suit. Couldn't get hold of Aquaflite.

Hi, I'm a newbie and a big guy (5'7" 300lbs) I just ordered a aquaflite 7 mm farmer john with a hood, ankle and wrist zippers.....(one set free right now)...the whole thing cost $350. I thought that was pretty reasonable...Should arrive any day now so I can't attest to the quality but I have read many good reports.

saltwater taffy once bubbled...
I checked with Liquid Fit and they wanted $285 for their 3mm superstretch suit. Couldn't get hold of Aquaflite.

Aquaflite can be found at www.aquaflite.com. If you call, *leave a message*... I don't believe Ed ever answers directly, but ALWAYS calls back within a couple of hours (usually sooner), even late!

I just ordered my second custom suit from him. (Paid the custom fit fee twice...they're that good!) Excellent fit, EXCELLENT warmth. And INCREDIBLE customer service. If your suit isn't perfect when it arrives, he will walk you through marking modifications, and make it perfect. Seams gauranteed for life. I highly recommend the Oceanliner, which is much like Henderson's Goldcore.

I have also heard much that is good about the Henderson Hyperstretch, but I now swear by the Goldcore/Oceanliner technology. Henderson supposedly makes a hyperstretch with "silver lining", but it would be a good bit more than my Aquaflites, wouldn't have kevlar kneepads, ankle zippers, custom colors, a guarantee, etc. I've also heard that you sacrifice a mil or two in warmth for the hyperstretch material.

My $0.02
-Allen

P.S. If you order an Aquaflite, please tell him that Allen in Dallas sent ya.

Surprisingly a Bare 3mm Aqualite fullsuit size XXXL(3XL) fit me.
I was pleasantly surprise that I fit into it. I paid €90,- for it.
It's the forerunner of the Velocity suit.
Anyone has experience with this suit? Is it a good suit?

It fits me...not perfect thought. The arms are actually too long. But surprisingly there was some extra room.
Under my armpits and on chest was still some room.
But because I dive only in tropical water..teh sales person said that was OK.
For the rest it's a good fit. I can bend over and kinda touch my toes etc.(Can't even do it in the nude)

Anyway I had the choice!!! between a stretchy shorty by "sharkskin" a combi of nylon and noeprene. just 2XL, but it fit well. Just €35 or the fullsuit one €90...I bought the fullsuit because i was planning a busy dive trip with plenty of dives and the fullsuit offered more protection.

I'm a pretty big dog - 6' 2'', about 275, and I got the SeaQuest Isotek 7mm... Bunches a little in the arms, but that's the price you pay for lifting weights for the last 23 years... Otherwise a great suit.

~W

I am five foot eight and weigh 275
so most suits are way to long and too small for me so I use a custom gold core henderson and love it looking at there new hyperstretch !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom