Wetsuit for fat/big guys...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which brand is the best(fit) for fat/big guys?

So far i have come across the following brands:

Akona
Henderson
Bare

Akona is the most interesting because it seems to be pretty reasonable in price.
Any advice or personal experience with these brands and/or buying wetsuits in large sizes?

I was quoted a price in Hongkong for a custommade one....$400
Damn.
I am still regretting not buying a custommade suit when I was in Phuket Thailand. it was definitely MUCH cheaper
I am a bit short for my weight. I have 2 Henderson Thermoprene wetsuits. One in 3mm and one in 7mm. They fit well and I find them quite comfortable.

Akona wetsuits come in some large sizes. Up to 4X I believe.

I’ve heard that theirs are big guy friendly, but folks new to the wetsuit market should note that the size from one brand to the next doesn’t mean much. There‘s no standard from on brand to the next. I.e. 3X Henderson = 3X Akona. Ensure that you check out the chest size in particular to make sure it’s going to work for you.

I’ll throw Henderson out there. I have three from them and they fit true to the size indicated on the website charts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom