Wetsuit problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agesilaus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife is unable to use her left hand and that is causing her to be unable to get into a long wetsuit. She ended up with a shorty. But she gets chilled wearing that. Someone recommended a suit with zippers in the arms and legs but we have not been able to find one in a shop. I checked Diver's Supply when I was in South Florida and they stopped carrying that type of suit.

The salesman suggested wrapping a plastic bag over her hands/feet saying that would make it easier to pull the suit on. Is anyone using that trick. Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

BK

Diluted hair conditioner on the skin makes one pretty slick and easy to slide into a wetsuit. I use open cell suits and it's really hard to put them on without using some lube.

Contact 'Gamblescuba.com (Gainesville, Florida).......They can alter/repair just about any wet/drysuit.......

If she really likes to dive, get in touch with Wetwear (wetwear.com) regarding a custom (zippers possible). They are in Fla, and build a damn good suit.

Waterproof W4 5mm might be a good choice?

There might be some Waterproof W1 5mms left in her size...those are special : they're a front zip wetsuit, but are sadly discontinued.

Contact 'Gamblescuba.com (Gainesville, Florida).......They can alter/repair just about any wet/drysuit.......

I actually talked to the guy at that shop back in December. He said they only work on Drysuits but I'll check with him again if nothing else works out.

"If she really likes to dive, get in touch with Wetwear (wetwear.com) regarding a custom (zippers possible). They are in Fla, and build a damn good suit."

OK that looks good. I already ordered a set of lycra socks, we'll run down to our local dive shop and see if they work well enough. If not I'll probably try wetwear..

Thanks everyone

BK

Check out WetWear... they do custom wetsuits with zippers on both the arms and legs.

My wife is unable to use her left hand and that is causing her to be unable to get into a long wetsuit. She ended up with a shorty. But she gets chilled wearing that. Someone recommended a suit with zippers in the arms and legs but we have not been able to find one in a shop. I checked Diver's Supply when I was in South Florida and they stopped carrying that type of suit.

The salesman suggested wrapping a plastic bag over her hands/feet saying that would make it easier to pull the suit on. Is anyone using that trick. Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

BK

My wife uses one of these....they are AWESOME....AND this should solve the problem you describe...
Thermalution Heated Undersuit -70M (Shortsleeve)

Back
Top Bottom