Wetsuit, Semi-Dry, Dry Suit Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Scubaboarders,

The answer to the qustion of wet, semi-dry or dry is the Whites Fusion Drysuit. For those of you who may own a Fusion or have seen it, you know what I'm talking about.

At Whites, we have developed the worlds most flexible, streamlined drysuit that fits like a wet suit and is completely dry. We were able to achieve this by creating a 2 layer suit.

The first layer is called the "Dry Core" and is the inner bladder of the suit. It is constructed of a 200 weight bi-laminate material which is soft, lightweight, and very tough. The Dry Core is cut over sized so that there is no restriction in movement which is great for flexibility, but wouldn't be very effecient alone in the water. To over come this issue we next attach an outer layer or "Skin" to the suit.

The Skin is a stretchy outer layer that pulls the inner dry core into your body, but allows full range of motion as it is made out of stretchy Lycra and Neoprene. So when you put the suit on, you have all the freedom of movement of the oversized inner dry core, and all the streamlining of the outer skin.

Whe the suit is on it hugs every curve of the divers body and looks more like a wet suit than a drysuit and there is absolutelty no restriction in movement. The advantage of this suit is it can be used in the cold waters of the Pacific North West with maximum undergarments, or in the warmer tropical waters with light undergarments and the suit will fit the same expanding or contracting with the diver.

For those who haven't seen the suit check out www.whitesdiving.com or go to the Whites forum on Scubaboard and see what our customers have been saying.

If anyone has any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski
Regional Sales Manager
Whites Manufacturing Ltd.

Justin, thanks for posting that. Posting information about why you believe your product is better is a positive way for people to learn. People may think another product is better, but you at least give them the chance to ask.

Last edited:
You did a fine job. Over complicating a simple thing..but its all good.

YES!!!!!!:chicken::chicken: PADI will be so proud of me!:rofl3:

One detail

Its the air in the suit (in the form of bubbles) which provides the insulation.

True, I should have included that. :( Ok, I guess I can handle 1 egg. :)

Safe AND warm diving,
George

i'm using a semi dry in pnw. i don't get much water in my suit at all. however i think if you decide to spend that much on your scubapro suit, perhaps try to find a used dry suit. you will be more comfy when it gets cold out. i get cold when i get of the water, with too much hovering. and am looking for a used drysuit- as i'll be warmer. i got my semidry for 180ish online. and it kicks the wet suit's a$$... pm me if you'd like to know where. best thing is, its a 2 piece- with an extra vest plus hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom