Wetsuit sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dk2943

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been trying on wetsuits. I know I wear a size XL (mens), but different brands have different sizing. I tried on a Henderson Hyperstretch and it fit, but the O'Neil stretch did not. I have noticed that different companies have different sizing. Since the Henderson did fit, does any know what other companies use similar siziing?

Thanks for the help

Henderson tends to run a bit larger than most. Best advice I can give is to check sizing charts on manufacturers' websites.

The hyperstretch material is also extremely pliable and forgiving. A thread earlier compared XSSCUBA Pyrostretch(?) with it and found them to be very similar in terms of stretch. Many people I know personally LOVE the fit and comfort.

On the negative side, this pliability will lead your suit material to lose its "bounce back" a bit sooner than stiffer neoprene, thereby losing some of its insulation. Also, I've seen too many rental Henderson suits with their rubber knee pads coming off. I'm not a fan of those either.

Hey dk2943
We carry over 103 different vendors and a bunch of those make wetsuits, each one is cut from different patteren and uses different materials. Even a Henderson suit made out of a different material will fit differently. So an Henderson XL in Hyperstretch fits total different then a Henderson Insta Dry. We have out fitted a lot of suits in 22 years if I can help just call or IM me. Our “Total Liquidation Blowout” is underway and everything in our inventory will be sold before we move to our new location. Best Prices Ever!
Type in the word “blowout1” for equipment and the word “camera1” for cameras in to the “Discount Coupon” box located at the bottom of your shopping cart to see our Best Prices Ever.
Call us 1-866-609-6090

Britt :fish:
:fish:

I can attest to that, Britt knows how to fit suits! And the hyperstretch is great, I won't wear anything else (although I am thinking about trying the insta dry because I'm so cold natured). Henderson stands behind their products better than any other brand I've tried. I've had no problem with my suits from them.
Good luck and great diving!

Sorry, I typed my phone number in wrong! 1-866-696-6090
Hi scubadivadivemaster! Come on and help us pack for our big move, we can use your help!

Pretty much every style suit in every brand is sized differently. in my opinion i think this is one of the best things there is about gear. imagine how hard it would be to buy gear if every company made everything in the exact same sizes and you didn't fit any of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom