Wetsuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaahhh. Now why didn't I think of that?

My wetsuit came with a wide rounded shaped hanger.

I typicaly give the wetsuit(s) a good 24 hr soak in cleaner/conditioner then hang it in a windowless bathroom inside out until fully dry.

I then rightside out the suit and hang it in a dark, cool closet off my home office with my other dive gear.

After a few years of this I haven't had any visable discoloring or creases.
The suit only has a mild neoprene smell.

Living is Arizona I had the misfortune to discover what the effects of indirect heat are on neoprene in a pair of Burton snowboarding boots I had... The dive equipment will never live in the garage.

For the new divers who do "warm" their wet suits, make sure you use a good cleaner on it and soak the suit after use. Many of the urine chemicals/minerals will degrade the neopene, especially if wadded up and left in the sun after a dive. If you have a long drive home, you might consider putting the wet suit and a cooler with some fresh water until you can get it home.

Is that overkill? Could be, I don't like the idea of spending money on a good quality wetsuit and then letting it degrade though neglect though.

I try to care for all my equipment with similar level of care...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom