Wetsuit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pardsie

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How do you store your wetsuit during extended time between dives? If you dive once or twice per year what do you do with your wetsuit? Is there a recommended proceedure or do you just place it in a dive bag?

TIA
Pardsie

I store mine on a hanger in my closet with the rest of my hockey jerseys. Just don't put in direct contact with your best suit, or you'll smell like neoprene on those special occasions.

I have 3 wetsuits, a 7 mil for ab diving, a 5 mil for the Red Sea and other not quite so warm places and a 3/2 mil for the warm places. I make sure they are real dry after a long soak (I live in Reno, NV so the real dry part is easy) and then roll them loosely together and store them with the rest of my dive "junk" in a large sealing box in my insulated garage.

I keep my drysuit on a hangar in a closet in the house.

I keep mine on a hanger in the closet too.

You're not supposed to keep them folded when stored, it can result in fairly strong creases in the material.

On a wide hanger - in the closet.

Store wetsuits hung on a padded or broad shouldered hanger, so they don't get permenant creases which have reduced insulation. Also keep them in a cool place away from other clothing you care about.

We keep all our wetsuits together in the basement in one of those hanging garment storage bags.

I customized our office closet to hang the long wetsuits- 7 in total for the family.
Put in an area clean, no mildew, cool dry place, not rubbing against nice clothes, not dragging. Use strong, wide(padded if possible) plastic hangars like ones that come with suits. I hang the BC's there too.
They do sell specific hangers for wetsuits some with a built in fan.

Id have to agree to just hang them in a closet thats out and away from any heat source.

I hang my extra wetsuits in my storage basement, wrapped up loosely, after being thoroughly dried out. BUT, hang it at the waist on an extra thick hanger instead of from the shoulders to prevent the shoulder/neck area from getting overly stretched out. I saw many suits get ruined this way before implementing the hanging-from-the-waist method. Hopefully yours won't have to hang for too long!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom