wetsuits, and bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard from a few of you New England people and we are going to dive in RI at the end of June. We are open for other dives around here if they are worth the trip (summer only of course, I hate to be cold) please let me know where your choice spots are and why. Cher(always open for a new adventure)

I'm still convinced that Cape Ann holds some of the best diving in New England. You can check out http://www.capeanndivers.com/findadivesite.htm to see a list of 18 good spots, plus a few of the wrecks in the area. There are a couple of small booklets you can buy that list several more good sites. For any specific recommendations, it depends or whether you are talking about shore dives or boat dives, and what your goal is. Magnolia Rocks is a great shore dive, and the lobstering is pretty good. Folly cove has a really cool wall to see, but not as many lobster. Near Satan Rock there is a good spot for scallops, but not much else. Back beach and Front Beach in Rockport aren't spectacular, but it has a really easy shore entry, very shallow, and great for beginners or a nice easy dive. The back side of Egg Rock is really cool to see, but it's only accessible by boat. There are also several charters, which can take you to the numberous wrecks in the area.

Back
Top Bottom