Wey Hey - our own forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is - all shiny and brand new! For the record they seem to have taken the name from looking at our polls - I didn't tell them to - honest!!:D
Thanks for everyones input to make it happen - and to NetDoc for giving us our new home!!

I guess with the right buddy the Zen could be done easily. Always been curious about meditating before a dive but just not sure since I end up a bit foggy. I know there are several threads around but just haven't tried it yet.

Nice forum guys. Let me know if you want some of the other threads moved over here.

I actually refer to "Zen" as a state of mind, a relaxed state that allows the diver to become one with the environment.

Instead of fighting equipment and struggling during a dive, an enlightened diver can find peace of inner mind with visualization techniques.

For example, one exercise in the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course is visualizing the dive before actually doing it. This helps immensely to prepare the mindset.

I have quiet time before each dive to focus my mind on the tasks ahead and how to achieve oneness with the ocean.

In the future, I hope to incorporate stretching and breathing exercises as well, similar to "mind, body and spirit" scuba diving specialty course.

Happy Zen to you,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom