Whale Attacks Snorkler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is that your dog, Mike?

H2Andy:
is that your dog, Mike?

No,

It was E-mailed to me from a hunting buddy that uses dogs on Hog hunts.

I have little dogs (chihuahua and Italian greyhound), and they routinely get their butts kicked by our cat. :shakehead

Pride has left the building... :11:

Cheers :D

Mike

Mike Edmonston:
The dog was fine, the porcupine was naked and cold.:11:

Cheers:D

Mike

I bet that dog won't get within a 100' of another porcupine:D

GulfDiver77:
I bet that dog won't get within a 100' of another porcupine:D

I'm afraid you bet wrong. The vast majority of quilled dogs I see in my practice (usually at about 2:00 in the morning) are repeat offenders. ESPECIALLY pit bulls, who just don't know when to let go. It's seems to be a grudge match sort of a deal.

Sigh. Anesthetize the poor bugger, put on a pot of coffee, some tunes, and start plucking.

Michael

mandvm:
I'm afraid you bet wrong. The vast majority of quilled dogs I see in my practice (usually at about 2:00 in the morning) are repeat offenders. ESPECIALLY pit bulls, who just don't know when to let go. It's seems to be a grudge match sort of a deal.

Sigh. Anesthetize the poor bugger, put on a pot of coffee, some tunes, and start plucking.

Michael

I'm no vet, but I'm thinking if you administered just a little less anaesthetic, the dog might have a more vivid, longer-term memory of his ordeal! :biggrinba

with all due respect.....that was NOT an "attack"...........whales do not "attack"...what you survived was a defensive reaction on the part of the animal.the animal(the whale)could not understand your intentions so it reacted like any human mother would.i dont mean to sound punitive but it is unfair to the animal when we say it "attacked" when in fact it was just protecting itself or it's young.this why,for example,the great white shark has such a bad reputation-thanks.

mandvm:

Michael

Are they usually all quilled that bad?LOL he looked like a four legged sea urchin.:D

pullo:
with all due respect.....that was NOT an "attack"...........whales do not "attack"...what you survived was a defensive reaction on the part of the animal.the animal(the whale)could not understand your intentions so it reacted like any human mother would.i dont mean to sound punitive but it is unfair to the animal when we say it "attacked" when in fact it was just protecting itself or it's young.this why,for example,the great white shark has such a bad reputation-thanks.

Whale? What whale? What about the dog?

sambolino44:
Whale? What whale? What about the dog?

Yeah, tell me about it! That mother whale sure did a number on the poor pooch--I've never seen one throw so many baleen spines before. I for one am never going forest snorkeling again :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom