Whale Shark seen off of Kona!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/

Sorry, I don't know how to make it clickable. Burned two tanks today looking, no luck. He has been see for several days now!

SIgh Both wednesday and friday -- 2 different animals, one friendly male
off of Kaiwi Point, one female off of Golden Arches. I wasn't on the boat either day.
Wednesday was flying to the mainland for family Thanksgiving that night. Still in
CA on friday; of course my friends had to call and gloa^H^H^H^H tell me about
the sightings.

I got to see friday's whaleshark. Apparently it was about 5' shorter than wednesday's. It was quite the madhouse. Saw 12 or 13 different companies pull up on it the half hour we were with it and there were 8 boats on it already when we arrived. Unfortunatly, I didn't have the camera. I borrowed my captain's camera for a few shots, I've got to see if I can con him out of the ones I took.

Last year we saw one around chirstmas time and there were 5 days one week a couple of boats made sightings of at least 3 or 4 different whalesharks. We need a spotter pilot here in December.

later,

Steve

Two more tanks today and still no Whale shark, CRAP! And I have to go do that thing tomorrow that pays for all this.

My friends saw a 25 - 30 foot whale shark this week about a mile off of Molokini Crater on Maui. They got some amazing pictures of it. They even got to swim with it too! Last year, they saw one almost in the same place on Thanksgiving day. It must be the right time of year for them around here.

Here's some of the photos they got! Right place, right time! Lucky buggers! (Photo credits go to Captain John Clark.)

I wish I was a whale shark, sems to draw bikinis to it! LOL....I think I feel cough cough , sick and can't go to that place that pays for my diving. Good news is I can look for whale sharks again!

Wildcard:
Two more tanks today and still no Whale shark, CRAP! And I have to go do that thing tomorrow that pays for all this.
:rofl:...:wink:
Roger has seen a couple of whale sharks the past couple of years off the west shore, I have yet to be so lucky....

What about humpback whales? have any showed up out your way?

How to make it clickable:

Highlight the word you want to be clickable, click the button that looks like a globe with a link, press enter, in the next pop up enter the link and press enter again....that'll do the trick :D

We're hearing the whales on occasion now off Kona. I friend of mine saw one underwater on the 9th (quite early for here). He said it passed the group and then circled back and came right past them.

I'll be curious to see how it goes later this next month. Last year we had lots of whales in late December, when the storms hit in January they pretty much dissappeared off Kona 'til late February.

later,

Steve

justleesa:
:rofl:...:wink:
Roger has seen a couple of whale sharks the past couple of years off the west shore, I have yet to be so lucky....

What about humpback whales? have any showed up out your way?

How to make it clickable:

Highlight the word you want to be clickable, click the button that looks like a globe with a link, press enter, in the next pop up enter the link and press enter again....that'll do the trick :D

Haven't seen any whales diving or fishing yet. Thanks for the clickable tip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom