Whale Sharks in Southern Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
ooh so tempting to try to go there for Chinese New year... Dying to see a whale shark but want to start taking some trimix courses... Ahhh, dive with whale sharks or lug doubles to the beach and sit around doing extended deco times staring at my slate... :wink:

BTW, how to do you get out to Southern Leyte? Flight to cebu and then ferry?
if you ask this rec diver, i'd say keep the doubles at home and enjoy the vacation

regarding getting to leyte, yup that's pretty much it, fly to cebu and i believe they have regular ferries going to leyte since it's relatively nearby

Jag

Jag, I agree with u man! I just wish I could do my tech training locally here in HK and save my travel days/time for the fun dives... :wink: Jealous of Spoon who gets the best of both worlds all in his backyard!

edit: hmm, maybe I could do my tech course in Cebu and then sneak off to Leyte for a short side trip...

yup. We did Bohol last October - flying in to Cebu and ferried over to Bohol and back, t'was easy as pie. For Southern Leyte, it'll be just taking another boat but same shipping liner. To be honest, I was surprised the ferry was clean and smelled nice

pakman:
Jag, I agree with u man! I just wish I could do my tech training locally here in HK and save my travel days/time for the fun dives... :wink: Jealous of Spoon who gets the best of both worlds all in his backyard!

edit: hmm, maybe I could do my tech course in Cebu and then sneak off to Leyte for a short side trip...
hehehe snea"K"y diver eh..

I definitely owe u guys a number of rounds of SM's for the laughs on SB...

BTW, anyone have a link for the cebu-leyte ferry?

I dont get sleepy on an SI . . I get hungry hehe . . is that bad for off gasing too? hehe.

ishbaby:
I dont get sleepy on an SI . . I get hungry hehe . . is that bad for off gasing too? hehe.
it is when you eat beans or cabbage or kamote (sweet potato) during the SI... then the resulting off-gassing will be very dangerous to your dive buddies...

not to mention successive dives after such SI activities will still result in continuous off-gassing causing this --> http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=124119

w/c we already know from our OW classes will give you bouyancy problems and potential self-esteem issues

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom