Whale Sharks in Utila yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freed1ver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Enjoying reading all the diving advice on this board. I will be going to Utila on March 14th. Are people seeing whale sharks there yet? Also, are there dive centers that send boats to the North side every day?

Thanks for the help,
Mike

Utila Whalesharks & Northside Diving

Hi there Mike,

Utila Dive Center offer a minimum of 1 northside boat every morning (often more) and have a total of 5 boats. We have been seeing Whalesharks every morning this week. Even in the afternoon yesterday, one boat saw not only two different whalesharks, but Manta Rays and a school of dolphins :D.

You are coming to the island at a great time Mike, as this should become a regular occurrence. I hope you enjoy your holiday here on Utila.

Best Fishes,
Simon

www.utiladivecentre.com

They are certainly here!! I've been diving with Deep Blue Divers and Deep Blue Resort for the past three weeks. LaCuda and I will be around for another week. Whale sharks have been seen regularly by numerous operators for the past week. Yesterday we saw four Mantas, one silky shark and mating dolphins..all on one dive. We took the day off today, will be back in the water tomorrow. Know who you're diving with, yet??

Regards

Thanks for all the replies. I'm very excited.

Cuda - I still haven't decided which dive operation to go with. I've read that I should just show up and talk with the various dive operations directly. How is Deep Blue Divers? Do their boats go to the North side every AM?

Thanks,
Mike

yes whale sharks everyday :) as for north side deep blue divers does go to the northside everymorning regardless of how many divers are on the boat. that means if you are the only one wanting to go to north side, the boat goes to the north side.
cheers

Mike,

Deep Blue Divers run a good operation...it is right across the street from the Hotel Rose, close to numerous good restaurants and bars, etc. The staff are personable ad yes, they go to the north side every day, weather permitting!

Have fun!!

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom