Whaleshark trip week of July 18-26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After reading all the recent whaleshark trips of the past few days I am starting to really want to do this. How many SB's in town that week are starting to think the same thing? Maybe we could try to get a group of us to do this trip. Maybe a mid week trip? Anybody interested?

I am interested. I'll have to check pricing and see if it's in my budget but it's already been recommended to me three times today. Apparently it's pretty neat.

I am interested. I'll have to check pricing and see if it's in my budget but it's already been recommended to me three times today. Apparently it's pretty neat.

I think pricing is pretty much standard. If a day trip from Cozumel Looks like the price would be about $185-200. It has been recommended to me to do a 1 1/2 day trip. Overnight in Cancun then do the whaleshark and return the next day.

We get in CUN on the 17th, ferry to Isla Mujeres in the afternoon. Whale sharks on the 18th:
Welcome to Whale Shark Festival 2009| Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Going with these guy's:
Whale Sharks Tours on Isla Mujeres Mexico - The Boats

I hope they are still there when we get there. As of today's report over 100 of the beast's :D:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/mexico/292903-way-too-many-whalesharks-3.html

Travel to Cozumel on the 19th to hopefully get in an afternoon shore dive at the Villa. Then some wonderfully normal Coz dives on the 20-21. Home on the 22nd, flying out of CUN. Whew... I'll need a vacation! :wink:

Hey prop! The site says 125$ for the snorkel trip, is that what they are charging you? Are you in a group? I paid 195$ last year. I didnt even get a kiss. Wont go with them again.
Diver g did you get any news from Opal? I would like to go on the 22 or 23. I dont think I want to stay the night. Catching the 5am red eye to PDC is for me.

Hi Debbie! How have your dives been so far? Are the boys treating you like a queen?:D

Hey prop! The site says 125$ for the snorkel trip, is that what they are charging you? Are you in a group? I paid 195$ last year. I didnt even get a kiss. Wont go with them again.
Diver g did you get any news from Opal? I would like to go on the 22 or 23. I dont think I want to stay the night. Catching the 5am red eye to PDC is for me.
Yeah, I heard back from her an hour or so ago. Seems like she didn't get my first email. She gave me a price for an overnight to Holbox. Way out of my price range. She seems to highly recommend as an alternative doing a 1 1/2 day trip to Isla Mujeres. Says to overnight in Isla and not be rushed. She didn't mention a specific price but said it would be a little cheaper plus she has wonderful friends that runs trips from there. I am sure she could arrange a day trip with these same people. As of right now I think we have six people that are interested.

I willl be at villablanca and diving with scubamau aug 15 - 22nd. I would be interested in a whale shark trip as well. pm me if you need more.

Yup $125 USD. They take $60 Per Person via Paypal to reserve. We are a group of four...
Hopefully No tongue.:kiss2::D:eyebrow::rofl3:
We are using these guy's for transportation on the mainland:
Home - Cancun Valet

Never used any vendors mentioned or linked... Recommended from Can Do map of Isla Mujeres (never steered me wrong yet). Might get a dive or two in on Isla Mujeres, have to see how things pan out. Staying the night of 17th and 18th here:
Hotel Posada del Mar

Milage may vary. I'll give a quick report upon my return.

Back
Top Bottom