What about the worst regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qsacha

Reaction score
I have heard a few horror stories, now I am just curious to see which regulators people have had problems with, or just would never use.

Personnally I hate TUSA regulators (or any of their products for that matter) and I have two compaints with my Mares. They use a plastic retaining pin to secure the 2nd stage cover which requires a knife to remove it (or used to before I tossed it). My second complaint revolves around my din upgrade. once I put it on the reg wanted to free flow, thus requiring me to modify the second stage.

...is NetDoc.

:eek:ut:

Seriously, I would never use a "mail-order" brand regulator, like some of the no-name stuff you see selling new on eBay.

I wish I could say I would never use a regulator that parts weren't available for so that they could be serviced privately, but fortunately there is a thriving "dark grey market" in Apeks rebuild kits if you look hard enough for them and get the right contacts.

I won't dive this reg, I saw one fall apart in the pool during my OW class. It just doesn't fill me with confidence. Luckily it was just the pool and not deep in OW somewhere.

I've heard that they've corrected the problem but I still won't dive it.

Rachel

The older model dacor regs reportedly could not deliver enough air at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom