• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

What am I missing? LX10 vs. GoPro 6

Discussion in 'Underwater Videography' started by epolice, Jul 18, 2018.

1. ponomo1

ponomo1 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
  2. matdiver

matdiver Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hey @Scubanoobi, thx for posting that video - really nice! My favourite shot was the school around the 1.10 mark.
    It looks like a great place to dive and it all looked nice and steady to me, but if you had the GH5 then you would have been able to do 4K at 50 or 60 fps and slow it down to make it even smoother. GH5 is way more expensive however, which takes us back to the OP's question, kind of. Generally speaking, more expensive cameras do produce better image quality than the cheaper ones.... but not necessarily better dive videos!
    Matt

3. Scubanoobi

Scubanoobi Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Actually I did some additional testing with all my 4K clips. I was able to do stabilization in post (iMovie) with really good results. There were about 5% of the clips that had some weird stabilization artifacts, those clips generally had so many fish that the program got confused.

I will be adding some 8” float arms as well which should help.

With the stabilization in post I’m very happy with the 4K.

Here is the video (for stabilization purposes only - not colour graded):

ponomo1 likes this.
  4. Blenny84

Blenny84 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Great video, really smooth. Did you shoot this in AF-S ? Did you slow it down on any editing software? Thanks