What Am I Missing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(I'm so much better at spotting at night time than during the day)
Hahaha.. everyone is a better spotter at nighttime, (and better looking on land too :D )!
Much easier with a torch light to brighten up the colors you don't see in daylight, Also more stuff coming out in night time, hence the interest of night dives....

My dive guide today in Amed said he can definitely show me one at liberty wreck because it's always there
On the Liberty slope there is one indeed, always there in the small tubular red sponge.

I wasn't a big fan of Matahari, should have gone with Liberty Wreck Divers as suggested on SB
Everyone here suggested Liberty Dive center :wink: .
Wisnu says the guys at Madha Puri are very good too.

Can anybody suggest an operator out of GM??
I don't know whether there are other operators of any other business than ayam betutu vendors in GiliManuk.
I wouldn't expect to find a correct dive center here.

in Gilimanuk, don't miss secret bay (muck diving); shallow and very cold water; last time there was19C - and if you have strong belly, after diving try ayam betutu mbak Lina, super hot.

OMG Wisnu... i do it in 2008....:shocked2: two cold dives in gilimanuk and then Ayam betutu, the green one with head and paws... cold and extremely spicy, by eating it I sweated the soul! :D:D:D:D

OMG Wisnu... i do it in 2008....:shocked2: two cold dives in gilimanuk and then Ayam betutu, the green one with head and paws... cold and extremely spicy, by eating it I sweated the soul! :D:D:D:D

Hi Fabio,
just to bring your memory

Betutu_1.jpg

Everyone here suggested Liberty Dive center
03.gif
Wisnu says the guys at Madha Puri are very good too.

there's one guy, his nick name is Bagong, and he is amazing, specially for very tinny critters.

I wouldn't expect to find a correct dive center here.

At least I know one DC in Gilimanuk, on main street before the ferry terminal, can't recal the name and can't comment how good they are.

For Secret bay, we dove with Disthi Scuba. Disthi is a pearl farm but the guys there run a small dive operation. Ask for wayan kuntet as your guide,

Finished up my diving in Amed yesterday and headed over to Pemuteran today. Very glad I decided to go to Amed in the end, did some nice diving at Melasti (two hour dive and still no harlequin, I am cursed haha!) and also went back to Tulamben to do the slope there - saw a nice frog fish and some really nice and unusual nudi's as well.

Went and spoke to the guys at Sea Rovers and they seem great, will dive Mujeran with them tomorrow and then we will see. I spoke to them about Gili Manuk/Secret Bay and they were strongly recommending against it saying that it's not what it used to be and that the local muck diving is better. Has anybody dived it recently and can attest to it? I'm always hesitant when shops recommend places closer as I know sometimes it's just a matter of laziness/saving on fuel - they don't seem to be the type of shop that would do that but you never know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom