What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh thank goodness. I was looking at that trying to figure out where/what angle etc. it had been shot because I couldn't recognize anything.

Oh thank goodness that isnt Cozumel. I was thinking holy crappatoli, the flooding on Melgar was almost WSOPFAN-bad..... Those poor people looked to be CUT OFF....

cv .... you just kill me!!! I might almost consider buying you a drink if we ever do meet up ...
(and you don't still owe me for the December thread! LOL!!)

You know, I'd drink it, but not while I am drinking the ones WSOPFAN bought. That would be too many and I might get CUT OFF..... :)

Reactions: Jax
Sorry, my bad. Found it on the wunderground.com page for Coz...just assumed...silly me :D

SavannahRiver - you're now Cut Off for believing what you've read on the internet! :wink:
(Only joking, but I couldn't resist, welcome to the pool)

OMG I guess I must have caught whatever chief has!? I'm thinking the only cure is the magical curative waters of Coz....wonder if I'll make it till Feb:worried:

Catchy new term...

But wait, wouldn't the term be a contradiction unto itself? Instead of actually being a negative or something bad to the vast majority of us, it turns out to be quite a good thing.

For example; Check out this WSOPFAN-Bad Cozumel Sunset:
coz%252520sunset%252520narrow%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Or, look at this WSOPFAN-Bad picture of a Scorpion Fish I took in Cozumel:
Cozumel%2525202009_07%25252002%25252009_0631_edited-1.jpg

Or perhaps if someone proclaimes: "This was the most WSOPFAN-Bad day of diving I ever had in Cozumel!! We saw everything today... toadfish, seahorses, a 500-grouper, squid, 3 octopus, 2 juvenile trunkfish, 18 turtles-2 babies, pooping parrot fish, spotted eagle rays, flamingo tongues, 4 nurse sharks, queen angelfish, black durgeon, 5 black tip sharks, 6 juvenile spotted drums and a whale shark! Oh and we bagged 24 Lionfish!" :rofl:

The only casualty besides a few hours of no electricity and mopping up water was my Vonage box - it is fried! So, unfortunately, I won't have an 800 number or a US line until I can get a new Vonage box.

Thanks for checking in Christi! Glad to here the storm itself was uneventful for the most part.

Like Karibelle said, you should be able to retrieve your messages on your Vonage account. Also, you will probably get it fixed or replaced by then but I'll be down in 2 weeks and I can bring you my Vonage Router that hasn't been used in about 5 years. Beats letting it go at some yard sell for $0.15! LMK.

I could probably get one shipped in time for the missus to bring it to you on 11/5?

I can mail you mine so that she can take. Seriously, rather not haggle over the price of it at some yard sale.

I can mail you mine so that she can take. Seriously, rather not haggle over the price of it at some yard sale.

Duh... That would make even more sense wouldn't it? :dunce: Christi, ring in on this?

WAIT. That was actually what I mean. You ship me one. yea.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax
Thanks for checking in Christi! Glad to here the storm itself was uneventful for the most part.

Like Karibelle said, you should be able to retrieve your messages on your Vonage account. Also, you will probably get it fixed or replaced by then but I'll be down in 2 weeks and I can bring you my Vonage Router that hasn't been used in about 5 years. Beats letting it go at some yard sell for $0.15! LMK.

That would actually be GREAT Josh!!!! I can give you 25 cents for it - hey better than the 15 cents at a yard sale - haha!!!

Kari - I unplugged everything but the vonage box because I wanted to keep in touch with my mom - I did talk to her RIGHT before it went out!

We lost power again this morning right after I posted - it was out for about an hour. I spoke to the electricity workers that were fixing our line and they actually confirmed that there are still some areas without power but everyone should be back up by this afternoon!

My crew is all ok and only one of them (Santos) lost power and had about a foot of water in his house :( But it's all cleaned up now! The crew is on their way to the caleta to put the engines back on the boat and get them ready for tomorrow! We have three people still here through Sunday (Harro and AndyHi and wife) so hopefully the port will be open tomorrow and we can take them diving! That is if this norte we have coming in tonight isn't too strong!

Chief - I happen to know that LOVE Cafe will be open tonight (Ruben of the Red Eye Band and his wife Maria who owns Love Cafe and their kids were among my house guests) and I think we are going to name a drink in honor of Mr. Frowney - Love Cafe is all about the LOVE you know!

Just also got confirmation that the ferries are back on schedule today!

Ok - time to get back to work - will check in later!!!

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes and support of all of us here on the island! We're ready for you to come back!!!!

Back
Top Bottom