What are the standard parts included in a BP/W package?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skinnytwiggy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I hope someone can help me.. I want to buy my first bp/w setup and it seems that DR is very popular here in my area. What are the parts/ components I should expect to receive as a package purchase from a LDS? It seems that different shops have different offerings..

I am looking at a Travel EXP wing + AL plate + Basic Harness setup, but the 'standard' set has delrin cambands (s/s on a Transpac setup) and there are no elastic bands on the webbing/harness. The harness comes with hardware - 4 d-rings/clips and the belt buckle. The plate comes with 2 sex bolts to attach the wing. The crotch strap is purchased separately.

Is this usual/ normal for a LDS package? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Dealers tend to create their own packages, so I'm not sure there is a standard. The AL plate, Basic Harness and Travel EXP wing are typically not a package, so the plastic buckle cam bands are something that the dealer is throwing into the package. You can probably request s/s cam bands, but typically a plate or basic harness or Travel EXP wing doesn't come with bands, so sounds like this is dealer preference.

Harness hardware is correct (see our website) and the fact the plate comes with 2 sex bolts is a plus as these are typically optional. Crotch strap is also separate.

Question is what do you need? I would be happy to help you, if you have any questions or you can visit our online Solution Finder. Maybe another way to approach this is to put together the package you want and then approach the dealer?

Happy to help,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom